PDA

View Full Version : Do it Yourself Facial Recipes

Dr.Deepak
07-06-2008, 12:33 PM
What are your favorite Do it Yourself Facial Recipes.please feel free to add your Facial Recipes.Also mention Why you love them..

aliva
07-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Nature’s essence’s new range of Banana Facial is my favorite. It does wonders for the skin which is dry or stiff due to the vagaries of weather or signs of premature aging or dark blemishes.

ktm
05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
If you want massage on your face or any other body part,do it from professional or any saloon or beauty parlor.Because they done massage properly and they know the each part of body and they know which will rub more or which will not rub more.

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 08:48 AM
You can use basic ingredients found around the house to make your own simple, hydrating masks. If you have oily or acne-prone skin, mud or clay-based masks are great for balancing out your skin. Dry skin will benefit from hydrating masks made from glycerin, honey and oils. Ginseng or green tea masks are great for soothing sensitive skin.

Masks (homemade or otherwise) should stay on for 10-15 minutes, should follow with a thin layer of moisturizer.

dale91
06-11-2010, 02:09 AM
Im so in love with this new recipe: this was taken from an old book of my aunt..although i must admit i tweaked a few stuff here but nonetheless, its great!!!!:h4:

Pumpkin Face Mask:

Pumpkin seeds contain many beauty boosting properties. In China, they are seen as a symbol of health, rebirth and fruitfulness. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and healthy fats. With a high level of omega-3 and omega-6 fats, pumpkin seeds keep your skin soft, elastic and help prevent dehydration, leaving you with beautiful glowing skin.

1 medium pumpkin
4 pineapple chunks
1 tbsp finely ground oats
1 tbsp finely ground almonds
1 tsp milk
1 tsp honey
2 drops rose geranium essential oil
1 drop rose essential oil (or any of your choice)

Slice pumpkin into 6-8 pieces and remove skin.
Place the pieces, including seeds and strings in a microwave safe dish with 1/4 cup of water.
Microwave for 2 minutes, or until the flesh is soft, then allow to cool.
Cut the pumpkin peel from around the flesh, and discard it.
Place the pumpkin flesh, seeds, and strings into a small food processor adding the pineapple chunks, and blend for 1 minute, or until smooth.
Add the oats, almonds, milk, honey and essential oils, blending for a short time after each one.
The texture should be rich and smooth, but slightly grainy from the almonds.
Apply a generous layer to clean face and neck.
Leave on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse well with warm water and apply moisturizer.

the end result is great...go on, try it!!!!:h3:

jasmine
06-17-2010, 10:16 PM
carrot facial is my favorite facial recipes..

take about 2-3 large carrots....
cook them and mash it.....
add honey to it.....
apply it to the skin and wait for 10 min...
rinse with cool water.....

the face gets fresher and cooler.....
i also tried it out and got a good result

FreeSpirit
07-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know what ingredients can be used to preserve our recipes for future use if we wish to make big batches, because I don't like to make the same recipe every day or every week.

y34963
07-02-2010, 12:15 AM
FreeSpirit it is better to make fresh batches every week or so. Most products will last in the fridge for at least 7 days. It depends on what you are making as to which preservative you would need. There are natural ones you could try. Again, you would have to inform yourself as to what you need but Vitamin E is a natural preservative but still you do not want to keep products you make for months at a time using a natural preservative.

What are you wanting to make in big batches?

jammi
07-09-2010, 11:01 AM
use cucumber and orange cream for skin glow...
drinking lot of water...
and after shower dont rub ur fce with towel let that water dry on its own it is very effective for your facial glow and freshness....

kali_bobbi
07-17-2010, 01:24 AM
All natural ingredients! I have normal-oily skin; monthly breakouts, nothing as bad as it could be but still not pleasant, you know, like it's still THERE. My face has responded well to all natural ingredients in the past, I just never really had a chance to get all the things I wanted, so I kept going back to commercial products...I still use St. Ives Apricot scrub for an exfoliant because I haven't seen a recipe I really like yet. But here are some recipes for the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer I made! They are on a pretty small scale because I stay in a dorm, and I don't really have any large bottles, so I'll prob have to make more in like 2 wks.

Milk and Honey Cleanser....
Heat 1 teaspoon of pure honey just until runny, not too hot. Mix well with 1 tablespoon of whole milk. Steam your pores (from right out the shower or with a hot washcloth), and then wash your face with the mixture! Smells and tastes so good! Make this fresh every day.

Green tea/Rosewater/Vinegar Toner...
Heat 1/3 cup of water to boiling (I just put it in the microwave for 2 min). Put a tea bag of pure green tea in the water and let steep for 15 min. Combine 1.5 TBSP of rosewater, 1.5 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar, and 1 TBSP water in a small bottle. Add 1.5 TBSP of the green tea to the bottle after done steeping and cooled. Mix it up! I store it in the fridge because of the tea.

Exfoliant (use at nighttime)...
Any ideas? :)

Toner again...

Moisturizer....
Melt 1/2 an inch piece of those all natural cocoa butter sticks (you know, the ones about an inch in diameter). Melt a water-bottle-cap full of coconut oil. Cut about a 1/2 in of a large cucumber; peel it, chop it up as small as you can and press the juice out of it with a spoon or fork until you get a water bottle capful. Mix the cocoa butter, the coconut oil, the cucumber juice, 2 capsules of 400 Vitamin E, 25 drops of tea tree oil, and some tiny tiny tiny tiny pieces of mint leave (small as you can get them). Mix it up! I store it in the fridge b/c I'm scared the cucumber juice will somehow spoil, which means I have to warm it a little and mix it up before I use it again. You do NOT need to use too much of this because it will make you shiny, just enough to be there; if you get shiny, just keep massaging in, which is good for you anyway, and maybe rub the excess on your elbows or knees.

And those are my recipes! I only exfoliate at night, with a little less than a pea sized drop of the St. Ives since I do it every night. And I alternate sleeping with either half a capsule of 400 Vitamin E on my face (cleanse, tone, exfoliate, tone, moisturize, vitamin E) or this Indian Mask stuff (cleanse, tone, exfoliate, tone, mask using apple cider vinegar to liquefy) that my dad gave me; I dont know the exact name of the mask, I dont have it with me now, but I will post as soon as I find out! Hope this was useful to someone, I just really wanted to share. :)

y34963
07-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Thank you kali for your recipes. They look good.

AlexisSimoneNYZ
04-19-2011, 10:16 PM
The Made from Earth Grapefruit Glycolic Scrub has actually helped my pores look smaller, which has been almost impossible with the other products I've used. I think I'm going to like this very much!

y34963
04-20-2011, 03:11 AM
This thread is for skin care recipes. Not for promoting products.

fenix
06-06-2011, 05:31 AM
Mix 1 teaspoon of powdered vitamin c /ascorbic acid/ with 1 oz of water and apply to skin.
This homemade treatment boosts collagen synthesis, adds lovely glow to the skin, rejuvenates, etc. Its a cheap and effective alternative to the expensive vitamin c serums.

gmb27
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
use cucumber and orange cream for skin glow...
drinking lot of water...
and after shower dont rub ur fce with towel let that water dry on its own it is very effective for your facial glow and freshness....

Not rubbing with a towel is a really important factor in keeping my skin as non irritated as possible. Everybody should try this tip!:h7:

Gary

NabiAndWawa
10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I have a full DIY skincare regime on my blog.
i have a recipe for cleanser, moisturizer, masks, and much more!
Check it out at [ link removed ]
Let me know what you think!

vencasand
10-13-2011, 12:18 PM
nabiandwawa, the whole reason for this forum is to learn from here how to make diy skincare. not to advertise your own blog. if you want to share here, fine. if not then stop trying to advertise your blogspot!!!!!!!!!!

y34963
10-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Felix what type of absorbic acid are you using?