PDA

View Full Version : Getting sunburn after using UV protection

samjhana
04-12-2009, 03:23 PM
hi I am 25 years old girl from nepal. i have a serious problem of sweating. I am using a moisturising lotion with SPF 15 for UV protection. However, despite my efforts, I usually end up getting sunburn as I sweat out the lotion in no time. What are the options you can give to me? Please help.

Sabina
04-13-2009, 12:16 PM
You can try some few tips that might help you:
• Always use mild face wash to wash your face.
• Always use cold water.
• Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30 or more.
• Before applying sunscreen, rub a piece of ice on your skin. Do not apply directly, use cotton or a thin cloth.

samjhana
04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Thank you sabina . Any other tips ?

vencasand
04-14-2009, 03:11 PM
i perspire a lot too. i use the waterproof sweatproof banana boat s/s 50 i have to keep applying it of course but not as often as i would the regular s/s

Natural Elements
05-10-2009, 03:43 PM
If a lotion doesn't work, try a cream with UV protection. A cream should work better.

Hifza khan
12-30-2009, 07:46 AM
If you find yourself nursing a sunburn, the following tips can help relieve the redness and discomfort. (Be sure to see your doctor if you experience severe pain, blistering, or excessive swelling).
Soak in oatmeal:
To relieve the itchiness of dried, sunburned skin, add one cup of colloidal oatmeal (sold in drugstores) to a tub full of cool water. then soak for 15 minutes.
Ease the pain with E:
Take 400 IU of vitamin E every four hours (while awake) for one day, starting immediately after getting a sun burn. The d-alpha-tocopherol form of the vitamin works best. Studies have shown vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol) contains an amino acid that reduce skin damage caused by sunburn.

WitchesBrew
12-30-2009, 01:01 PM
As one of the other posters has mentioned, SPF 15 is not enough to protect skin; one with a minimum SPF of 30 and one with a minimum PPD of 10.

One sunscreen I know of that is very hard-wearing is La Roche Posay Anthelios Dermo-Pediatric SPF50+ Lotion; made with active children in mind. Its SPF (protection against UVB) is above 50, and its PPD (protection against UVA) is 28, which is fantastic.

You still may need to reapply when needed.

LPR makes many high SPF and PPD sunscreens, some of the best, if your skin can tolerate and wear chemical sun filters.

:D

chinee
04-22-2010, 08:41 AM
I suggest just use mild lotion with UV protection and avoid creams as well for they will just be the root cause of sweating. Instead there are natural methods like putting cornstarch and baby powder, these can absorb the sweating.

sunlabs
06-30-2010, 10:55 AM
You can try some few tips that might help you:
• Always use mild face wash to wash your face.
• Always use cold water.
• Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30 or more.
• Before applying sunscreen, rub a piece of ice on your skin. Do not apply directly, use cotton or a thin cloth.

i'm glad for this post and tips..

thax

markylove
07-17-2010, 01:58 AM
I also have this kind of problem, and I am planning to use Olay regenerating Lotio, with SPF 16

has anyone used this?

Is this good or bad?

Thanks

kevinkrieger
11-27-2013, 05:30 AM
Yogurt is very effective in minimizing a sun tan.
Aloe vera gel is also great.
Apply honey and lemon juice in equal amount.
Wearing sunscreen every day.
Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

addisoncave
12-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Baking Soda. Baking soda can be very soothing on sunburned skin due to its alkaline nature. ...
Oatmeal. Oatmeal can also help treat sunburned skin. ...
Aloe Vera. ...
Black Tea. ...
Apple Cider Vinegar. ...
Cool Compress. ...

Shizakhan
08-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Sun screen is best and use it also on cloudy days also
Sunburn can be appear in winter also so use sunscreen in winter also.
If you get sunburn then aloe vera gel is an extremely soothing and non toxic solution

Sophia
07-06-2018, 03:33 AM
So basically, sunburns are just your body having an immune reaction to polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) in your sweat being oxidized in the sun. Apparently, if you stop eating PUFAs for a while you become immune to sunburns, or at least that's what I read on the Ray Peat forums. This guy claimed to have avoided eating PUFAs for like 4 years, and this is what he had to say about sunburns:

"I stopped burning in the sun (and I don't use any sunscreen)! I started noticing this in the last year or so but was still able to burn eventually so I thought I am just imagining things. However, in the last 3 months or so I completely stopped reacting to the sun. Today, after being out in pretty intense sun (90+ degrees) for 7+ hours I did no even get pink. Basically, if I get any reaction from sun exposure it would be a direct tan (very mild) without any trace of burning. About a year ago, simply standing in intense sun for 30 minutes would make my face look like a monkey's behind and I would start peeling within 24-48 hours. No more burning, peeling or reddening of any body part exposed to the sun. Since sunburn and the red skin color is basically an immune reaction to PUFA oxidation, I believe my lack of sunburn is a decent evidence for little or no PUFA under my skin everywhere on my body."

The only problem is to get these results, you have to change your diet for 4 years :p