PDA

View Full Version : how does sleep affect wrinkles

sanchita
04-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I saw many post about sleep and wrinkle,so just was curious does sleep really cause wrinkle,how does sleep affect wrinkles ?

brybry
04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Am not sure, it could be something to do with the amount of sleep you get. If you don't get enough sleep it causes your body to become sluggish, you suffer from monor effects of sleep deprivation.. this may in turn affect how your body recovers which in turn causes your skin to age..

Just a though.. would be nice to have some other people to compound that theory?

Ilovebeautiful
04-16-2009, 10:52 AM
You should eat more fruits and vegetables, have enought sleep. It can make you look younger than your age.

vencasand
04-16-2009, 12:33 PM
I think that the sleep/ wrinkle thing is refering to how you sleep on your pillow. if you sleep with your face all scrunched up in your pillow it can cause wrinkles. a problem solver is to get a satiny pillow case or sleep on your back. but i have found sleeping other than the way i usually sleep causes me to not sleep soundly.

shona
04-17-2009, 04:22 AM
Yeah i also think that its about how you sleep and where your face is on the pillow. But people must have pretty "saggy" skin for the pillow to effect them, as that has never happened to me, but i have seen it on my friends!!

marilynnsyrett
04-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I saw many post about sleep and wrinkle,so just was curious does sleep really cause wrinkle,how does sleep affect wrinkles ?

When you sleep with your face on the pillow, you end up squishing your facial muscles and cause wrinkles. They may not have immediate effect but they turn into actual wrinkles and fine lines in due course. That is why it is advised to sleep with ur face upwards and use satin pillow cases

webrash
06-02-2009, 08:10 AM
i am not sure about this dude! usually over sleep cause wrinkles in your face even you can see that when you slept for long time,it will produce some wrinkles in your face because of pillow or your hand mark! :omg:

claire87john
01-14-2013, 08:19 AM
• As we age, lack of sleep affects us more deeply and shows up more prominently on our faces (which explains why dark circles, fine lines, and pallid complexions aren’t a problem in our twenties despite the late nights, but can be later on).

• Sleep induces the production of collagen, a key ingredient in firm, youthful skin.

• The skin’s capacity to hold water is enhanced by sleep, thereby keeping skin moisturized and supple.

• Sleep deprivation can sting the immune system, leaving one vulnerable to rashes and skin-related problems.

• Growth hormone peaks during deep sleep, and this hormone plays a central role in initiating cellular repair.

albaallen
01-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Hello, I did not know that sleeping makes it worst.

fetamy
01-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Studies have shown that without sleep, skin takes longer to recover from daily damage and does not retain moisture as efficiently. Sleep is a regenerative period of time for the body when new skin cells are created. Older skin cells give a dull and flat look to skin. Also, less sleep results in a weakened immune system which may trigger more breakouts and acne.

Jaycemartin
02-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Getting enough sleep is good for your body but also important for your skin. Your skin regenerates at night when you're sleeping, so 4-6 hours are not enough. Especially the skin under our eyes is very delicate and tends to get wrinkles very easy. I would recommend you to apply a moisturizing eye cream every day and night to prevent premature wrinkling.

fred
04-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Wrinkles are major signs of a person going through stress and a non-healthy diet plan. Try searching for the relationship between "Wrinkles, Stress and Sleep".
Our skin require sometime to recover from daily exposure to the harmful world, filled with stress, sun and our working habits. In order to retrieve your skin to normal position, you have to work for it.
Less time for sleep means, your skin would take longer to recover and before that you expose it again with the daily damage.

healthprofessio
05-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Well said!

Sleep in time and wake up in morning is good for skin.

Studies have shown that without sleep, skin takes longer to recover from daily damage and does not retain moisture as efficiently. Sleep is a regenerative period of time for the body when new skin cells are created. Older skin cells give a dull and flat look to skin. Also, less sleep results in a weakened immune system which may trigger more breakouts and acne.

hemantlatawa
05-31-2013, 12:17 PM
We all hear about the benefits of a good night’s sleep better memory, attention, concentration and a reduced risk of heart attack and stroke. Sleep improves our mood; it makes us feel like we can do more in the day and gives us a better outlook on life.Skin grows a lot in our sleep. The skin of a healthy sleeper is more elastic, supple and taut. The more you get a full night’s sleep, the more you’ll have that youthful glow.

Victoria
06-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I think the article might be referring to two things; sleep deprivation can age the skin and sleeping on your side or stomach causes creases that can become wrinkles over time. Make sure you get plenty of quality sleep and consider using a silk/satin pillowcase that helps your skin slip across the surface rather than bunching up into creases :)

hemantlatawa
07-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Sleeping on your stomach makes you more prone for forehead wrinkles.The side that you sleep on will actually have deeper and more defined wrinkles as pushes your face into the pillow or bedding where cheek and chin wrinkles will form more quickly.Prevent wrinkles by drinking tons of water daily (dry skin is more prone for wrinkles anyhow) and wear a great moisturizer to bed.

anneyauster
07-29-2013, 08:50 AM
If you sleep on your stomach or perhaps on your side, you should try sleeping on your back to avoid having facial lines. There are, however, ways to properly sleep on your back the right way. By sleeping at your back you can also prevent chest wrinkle, neck wrinkle.

aramintaroxana
07-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Dermatologist says, when you sleep over the same side of your face night after night, the skin gets over and over crushed up against the pillow, and won't smooth out or spring again as fast as it did when you were adolescent.
"The exceptional news is, whether you fluctuate your dozing position, you can invert this sort of wrinkling

Emma Brown
08-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Too little sleep makes you look and feel tired. One of the first places lack up sleep shows up is on the face, with dark circles and bags under the eyes, and sagging skin. Lack of sleep is also a major factor in memory loss and symptoms of depression that include low interest in daily activities and negative thinking.
Research has shown that most adults function best with 8-9 hours of sleep each night. Reduce caffeine during the day (with none in the evening), avoid eating at least 2 hours before bedtime, and maintain a sleep routine that includes going to bed at the same time each night

john miller
08-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Sleep means a lot in life because less sleep affected your life as well as too much sleep. But a proper sleep gives you required energy, makes your day worth, you enjoy your work from morning till night. With sleep, you should do some exercises and eat fruits. Less sleep and too much sleep age you skin faster and give you dark circles, wrinkles etc. With proper care and proper use of moisturizers and cosmetics, you can reduce it and get back your shine and beauty. There are some cosmetic companies in market who provides best solutions for anti aging signs Like: PCA Skins, Luzern Labs, and Rhonda Allison etc. Some time ago, I also face such problem then I search solutions for that and I found online.

anneyauster
08-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Yes Sleeping positions can causes wrinkles.
4 Step How to Reduce Wrinkles Sleep Position Effect:
1. Sleeping in a supine position.
2. Put a pillow under the knees.
3. Changing sleeping position as often as possible.
4. Lying down with a soft pillow.

Allendawson
10-15-2013, 04:26 AM
When we get enough rest, our body will produce the human growth hormone that stimulates growth and cell production. This cell production allows our skin to remain thick and wrinkle less. Therefore, a nice sleep gives a beautiful skin and reduce wrinkles.

kevinkrieger
11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
It is true that Sleeping on your back helps prevent fine lines from being etched into your skin overnight.

grandmaBrenda
11-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Yes it is true, but most people have trouble sleeping on their back or differently than the position in which they are normally sleeping. you could get a silk or satin pillow to help prevent "sleep wrinkles".