PDA

View Full Version : Tooth paste for your skin?

shona
03-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi There,
Im not sure how true this is but i have heard that if you have pretty oily and spotty skin tooth paste is really good.

I have never tried it but if any of you have - what do you think?

mimico
03-21-2009, 03:52 AM
Using toothpaste to get rid of pimples works according to some of my friends. It's a myth for me though. I tried it and it didn't work, haha. If you have oily skin, make sure to buy a facial cleanser, toner, and moisturizer that is made for oily skin. There are many different products for oily skin these days. Also carry oil blotter sheets to dab away at excess shine during the day. I hope this helps. :)

KarlaSutton
04-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Interesting thread.....I've heard of a lot of remedies for wrinkles, but never any for acne. Great post, I will keep that in mind.

Ashu
04-05-2009, 01:16 PM
it does dries acne and your skin but its not the remedy for your acne.

brybry
04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
My girlfriend used that remedy.. I just couldn't put toothpaste on my skin.. I have tried but it seemed unnatural lol

If it worked all the time, one of the toothpaste companies could make a dual toothpaste :D

Ilovebeautiful
04-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Sounds realy good! I like to try it. Thank you!

adrienne
04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Some of my friends use toothpaste too..but i don't see any good results...hahaha..:D

webrash
06-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Many of my friends suggested this because they came to know about this in many magazines! but i m not sure because it will more heat to your skins! take care of it before using this tip!

marilynnsyrett
06-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Toothpastes are considered a 'home-remedy' for pimples. This is beacuse they contain an acne fighting ingredient called Triclosan. The concentration of Triclosan obviously differs from toothpaste to toothpaste and then different type of skin also respond differently. That is what makes it work for some and not for others.

sweetcher
06-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Maybe it depends on the type of toothpaste? I rarely have acne but when I do, I use toothpaste to treat it. I think it's an old models remedy. It seems to help dry the acne within 1 - 2 days for me. Now, I don't have a lot of acne. I do have oily skin and probably everyone has a different response depending on their skin type, skin sensitivity and the type of toothpaste!

chinee
07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Toothpaste is for the teeth and I think it might be effective for others but for some, it is not that effective. I suggest, to just try products that are really for the face. Toothpaste can make you feel relieve because of its menthol content. I can say that it dries acne but it doen't mean that it can cure it. So to be safe, just apply products that will be recommended by the expert such as dermatologist.

PaulG
07-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I dont't get exactly - why to use toothpaste when you can use tonics, cleansers for your skin? I think it's only a myth... Maybe it worked for some persons but it is way better to find some product for skin care which is more reliable than this method.

marilynnsyrett
07-15-2009, 12:34 PM
I dont't get exactly - why to use toothpaste when you can use tonics, cleansers for your skin? I think it's only a myth... Maybe it worked for some persons but it is way better to find some product for skin care which is more reliable than this method.

This is just a quick home remedy Paul. Of course you are better off using acne products especially created to treat pimples. The reason some people use toothpastes and also benefit from it is because it contains Triclosan, an effective anti acneic ingredients commonly found in acne care products. I have already mentioned it earlier in the thread.

GAURAV
07-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Aoo what is this?
What are you saying shona?
I think this is wrong.It will be not helpful for you because It is depend on skin.So I suggest you Please don't tried it.

michelle po
10-26-2009, 08:58 AM
My sister is a nurse. and she told me that this is not really true for all. Some who used toothpaste worked well maybe because there toothpaste were cold and sometimes the coldness of it could do some good effects to your skin. :D

franista
10-29-2009, 04:57 PM
I think it just dries it up. Tried it a couple of times. Doesn't really work for me.

Kliz
11-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Stick to what works for you. It can't hurt to try it so go ahead but in my opinion you should use a face wash with acne fighting ingredients in it

phool6
11-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Which toothpaste to use?

christina
12-01-2009, 06:20 AM
very much interesting thread , but i never tried , if possible i use and tell it later ,.,...,

vencasand
12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
if your toothpaste has fluoride in it don't put it on your face. it is used to dry up a pimple but there are so many other things you can use. a dab of honey, a dab of yogurt, some stevia mixed with water and dabbed on the pimple.

daina
02-09-2010, 02:50 AM
my mom always told me to do this and it actually works.
the best kind of toothpaste to use is the kind that is plane white but aqua fresh or anything with different colors still works.
first wet your face then pat it dry so it is still a little damp then put the toothpaste on your pimples not on the whole face. i would reccommend doing this before sleep and leaving it on overnight (or else leave it on for about two hours) then really rinse your face and wash like you would regular.