PDA

View Full Version : Natural Home Made Exfoliators

abhinav
03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Try out some of these natural and home made exfoliators to keep your skin looking healthy.

1.Make up a mixture of baking soda and water. Use them in the same ratio. Rub into your skin.

2. A paste of oatmeal and water makes a good facial scrub.

If anyone knows how to make other natural home made exfoliators, do let me know :)

mimico
03-21-2009, 04:39 AM
You can check out the recipes portion in this site, it has many good homemade recipes. My favorite exfoliant would be brown sugar with honey or olive oil. It's yummy and works well. It's very easy to make too because most households have brown sugar in the cupboard.

jennie455
04-08-2010, 09:15 AM
It is a great idea to make homemade exfoliator. I will surely try this.

dale91
04-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Exfoliate With Baking Soda:
Exofoliation is required to scrub away dead skin cells that dull your complexion and clog your pores. Baking soda is an inexpensive exfoliator that gently scrubs your skin. Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to your oatmeal and yogurt cleanser to make the scrub.
Apply to your face and massage in circular motions, concentrating on oily or rough areas, then rinse thoroughly with water. If your skin is oily, you should gently exfoliate four to five times a week, whereas more sensitive skin should be exfoliated less often.

Kat
05-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Coffee grounds! Guys, seriously. Just use your leftover coffee grounds on the tougher parts of your body. The caffeine is supposedly really good for cellulite too!!

has007
05-12-2010, 02:49 PM
i would love to try the brown sugar one. All this while i was using dried pea powder and orange peel powder and a teaspoon of fuller earth paste mixed together.

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 08:55 AM
The best insurance for the skin is proper protection, and there is no Instant Health Insurance Quote for this – you need exfoliators.Exfoliating the skin is an important part of making sure that your skin is free of bacteria, and exfoliating on a regular basis will give your skin a healthy glow and remove dirt, oil,and makeup from the skin so that you can prevent breakouts and even wrinkles in the future. You must know which exfoliating products are safe and how you can analyze which facial exfoliators are right for you.

koydranreb
11-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Natural Exfoliators for Skin!
There is no better way to add a glow to the skin than exfoliation. Exfoliation help to remove the top layer of skin cells that makes the skin look dull. And the outcome is a smoother face and more youthful glow. You can now exfoliate your skin at home with natural exfoliators. These are: Tomato, Almond, Oatmeal, Sugar and Lemon, Sea Salt and Bengal Gram (Besan).

Elsa Tobin
12-07-2011, 06:25 AM
thanks for your sharing , i will try to make home made exfoliator , in fact , i dont believe some brand exfoliator

Kelly McKeown
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
A friend of mine uses coffee granules on the back of her legs to exfoliate and remove cellulite. Have not tried it yet but she swears by it.

y34963
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Coffee is a great exfoilator for your body but not for your face. When exfoilating your face be gentle do not scrub too hard as this will cause damage.

Carolsue22
12-09-2011, 02:33 AM
I mix in a little cornmeal with my facial cleanser when I feel like I need a good scrub. It really works and all you need is a little.

y34963
12-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Good and easy tip Carol. I am going to try it. Well, as soon as I remember to buy cornmeal.

paulspnao
12-21-2011, 04:34 AM
Thanks for provide the natural and home made exfoliators, which are very helpful to keep skin healthy.

Katie_B
01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I think baking soda makes a great exfoliator

sweetcheeks11
01-21-2012, 07:19 PM
The brown sugar and olive oil is and excellent exfoliant! I have also known you can add green tea matcha powder to it. It will help to boost health as well as resilience. Matcha is also good to add to your summer exfoliants if you have sunburns!

withavision
04-17-2012, 02:07 AM
I like this one:
Mix 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with either 1/4 cups of whole milk or 1 tablespoon of honey, whichever you prefer

hannabi
05-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi, I have that simple recipe, but what are the portions to use?

Also, I have been round this website and can only find the DIY solutions in the forums, is there a certain section of this site which has them listed?

Thanks.

BRTCskincare
06-29-2012, 04:28 PM
As long as you are sure to use all natural ingredients and include some raw vitamins you will be on your way to healthier looking skin. Fruits, nuts and plant extracts work well to clear up skin and give it a healthy glow.

vjykmr89
10-08-2012, 07:21 AM
The most simple exfoliate treatment you can find is a sugar and water solution. Simply soak your face with a warm flannel for a few minutes, before applying the sugar and water solution, and gently massage into your skin before rinsing off. This will do the basic job of gently removing dead skin cells and grime from your skin, combating problems such as spots and acne.

Blondie
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't know if it has been discussed already, but I absolutely love using epsom salt in my scrubs. (If you want to try it, you'll have to experiment with different brands and package sizes. The average granule size varies dramatically with commercial epsom salts.) I started using them for the muscle relaxation effects, and I'm surprised they work even with a short skin contact time.

I used to make glycerin based scrubs, but now I make oil & butter emulsified scrubs. Good stuff! And this is a funny little story that I remembered because everyone was talking about coffee scrubs:
When my sister lived with me after having her first child, she asked me to make her a coffee body scrub for the mornings. She is very much a scent driven person, so I decided on a brown sugar+vanilla eo+coffee combo. The only problem was that we only had INSTANT coffee in the house when I sat down to measure everything. *le gasp*
I grabbed my keys to run to the store for "real" coffee, but then I suddenly decided that the instant coffee would be kinder to the tub anyhow. So I went ahead and made her the scrub with the above ingredients, in a body of glycerin and vitamin e.
A few days later, she mentioned that the scrub was losing it's scrubbiness. So I opened the jar and learned something I should have already guessed--instant coffee will completely dissolve in glycerin as if it were water. Lol. How funny!

So if you:
-make glycerin based scrubs
-don't want to spend the money on coffee essential oil to fragrance it
-and don't mind that instant coffee has slightly less caffeine, antioxidants, etc.
then this might be a nice alternative for you. :D It turns into a nice brown/golden liquid. I don't quite recall what brand I used, but as long as there are no added flavors it should be fine.

I'm personally burnt out on coffee scented scrubs, but I'm just sharing the information in case it's helpful to anyone else. Who knew, right?

withavision
11-02-2012, 08:05 PM
raw oats (you can chop/blend these in a blender first)
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
splash of milk

sherinl
09-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey!

Way to go! Natural Recipes are always good for the skin. Here's mine:

Mix honey, sea salt and honey. Wash off your skin and apply in a circular motion. Wash off after 10 - 15 minutes. This also reduces pigmentation, scars and acne!

Oatmeal is an excellent and nourishing option for exfoliation. Oatmeal, honey and lemon juice make an excellent exfoliation pack. For best results, beat the oatmeal in a mixer for a few seconds.

Alternatively, you can use all natural products like Revitol Skin Exfoliator, or other natural brands that you get in your country. Don't go with cheaper ones, but the ones with good reputation.

Hope it helps!

Take Care

Emily Kristina
09-17-2013, 10:17 AM
The most simple exfoliator treatment you can find is a sugar and water solution. Simply soak your face with a warm flannel for a few minutes, before applying the sugar and water solution, and gently massage into your skin before rinsing off. This will do the basic job of gently removing dead skin cells and grime from your skin, combating problems such as spots and acne.

Another alternative to sugar is sea salt. Whilst sugar is great as a facial exfoliator, sea salt is a little more abrasive and can be used over the entire body, paying particular attention to tough areas such as knees and elbows.

Emma Brown
09-18-2013, 10:12 AM
I have great exfoliater recipes to make at home for you

1. olive oil and sugar scrub- mix those together and scrub slow and softly rinse off and your skin wil feel awesome! you can use brown sugar with this to.

2. milk and sugar scrub- mix the two into a paste and scrub softly on your face use 2% milk. you skin will feel soft, smooth, like a baby's but. you can also use brown sugar with this.

Terry
12-31-2013, 09:37 AM
I would like to try all these out. Thanks!!

kevinkrieger
03-10-2014, 06:31 AM
I use the combination of sugar and olive oil. It is fantastic to soften your skin and scrub away all of dead cells.

ChristinaRose
03-12-2014, 12:54 AM
Very true, sugar + olive oil leaves skin soft, smooth and dead cells free.... many also suggest brushing with olive oil and sugar helps with cellulite reduction. However, I personally prefer coffee recipe, because it smells and works great :).

kaufenpreis
04-05-2014, 08:44 PM
The skin-whether oily, dry or a combination of the two-requires care. From daily cleaning to moisturizing and exfoliation, skin requires special care to stave off the signs of aging, to maintain a youthful glow, and to daily rejuvenate your appearance. You don't have to spend lots of money on expensive facial exfoliators; you can make one at home using a few simple ingredients that already may be in your kitchen cupboard.

hadley
06-16-2014, 07:26 PM
I love using sea salt and water for an exfoliator.

Carolsue22
06-21-2014, 10:12 PM
I have used various sugar scrubs but I also like to add just a touch of cornmeal to facial cleanser one a week to give me a good facial exfoliate

chessi52571
06-27-2014, 09:49 AM
good remedies shared

stevex
08-01-2014, 04:56 AM
The scrub made by the mixture of Almond, Honey and Lemon gives the great results .