PDA

View Full Version : Have You Tried This Miracle Aspirin Mask

Ashu
07-04-2008, 04:28 PM
While i was surfing other skin care forums i heard a lot about Asprin Mask.People say its best acne treatment so far and also reduces marks and clears your face.

Have you tried this home remedy? Did you experience any miracles with this Asprin Mask.

mimico
07-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Hey, I've never heard of it before. I'd love to learn about your experience using it though. As I mentioned in some of my previous posts, I'm not a fan of kitchen remedies. I don't like to take the time to measure and buy ingredients. But do let me know if if works and how effective it was. I'd give it a try if I have acne on my face again.

Ashu
07-05-2008, 06:49 AM
oh i haven't tried them but would like to see if anyone tried......

Zenisha
07-05-2008, 07:07 AM
yea i have tried once and was pretty good ,but my acne was severe so had to go for antibiotics.

Aspirin contains salicylic acid, which helps with the treatment of pimples and blackheads. Aspirin also gently exfoliates the skin and has anti-inflammatory abilities.

alice
07-05-2008, 04:38 PM
While i was surfing other skin care forums i heard a lot about Asprin Mask.People say its best acne treatment so far and also reduces marks and clears your face.

Have you tried this home remedy? Did you experience any miracles with this Asprin Mask.

I am hearing about it for the first time Ashma. What are its constituents by the way? I am not sure why its called aspirin mask because aspirin has nothing to do with acne..:confused:

Dr. Teeth
07-05-2008, 06:37 PM
me too never heard of anything that sort.
googling it now!

Dr.Deepak
07-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid, and therefore is an exfoliant similar to many that you will find in skin creams.This reduces oil production, drys up blemishes, exfoliates the skin.

But always Keep in mind that, if you have an allergy to aspirin, you should avoid using a mask that contains aspirin.So do check before you apply.

Avonlee1983
07-10-2008, 01:35 AM
I've tried a few aspirin masks before, but all it did was make my face itch really bad. I didn't really see any changes.. But of course I may not have given it enough time to work.. I might try it some more in the future. I know to use the uncoated kind.

chicque
07-10-2008, 02:47 AM
wow i haven't heard of this before! but i wanna give it a shot. is it also possible to use the aspirin mask, as a spot treatment? i dont want to do it regularly, only when i get break outs.

Starchild47
07-10-2008, 02:57 AM
I don't see any reason that you could not use it as a spot treatment. If it is designed to be used all over the face, it should be safe to use on spots that break out as long as you don't use it on a daily basis. That often I would bet it would dry your skin out too much and could cause rashes

aliva
07-17-2008, 08:19 PM

Though I have not tried this home remedy yet, but the basic preparation is crushing 3-5 aspirin tablets in distilled water. salicylic acid is more effective for oily skin because it’s lipid soluble; it can penetrate the oil in pores and dissolve the dead skin cells stuck inside. That may be the cause people call it miracle. What’s more, salicylic acid may be less irritating than AHA because it appears to have some of aspirin’s anti-inflammatory properties.

StephanieT
09-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I use a green clay mask every day - maybe I'll crush up some aspirin and give this a whirl - see if it helps a couple of stubborn black heads. Will let you know if it does anything.

Sabina
09-07-2008, 05:02 PM
hey StephanieT let us know after u use it..

StephanieT
09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi! This morning I crushed up the aspirin and mixed it with my green clay mask (Burts bees). I like it. My skin feels smoother and seems less red than usual - I'm going to continue using the aspirin as I don't think it could hurt and might help!

skinee
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
it did dry up my acne

Charlie
09-18-2008, 01:42 PM
NATURAL TREATMENT

Fruit is one of the best acne treatments. Choose mango, pawpaw, grapefruit or a fruit that has lots of acid. You can apply the fruit directly to your skin or you can use it to make a mask by mashing it into a pulp. You can add oatmeal or egg yolk if you want. Apply it to the skin as a mask and leave for fifteen minutes

Motigrg
09-20-2008, 08:54 AM
i saw many good reviews about it. still waiting for more reviews here ..i'm planning to try it out.

StephanieT
09-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I still use the crushed up aspirin in my burts bees french clay mask and since it is powdered, I use lemon juice to mix it up with - been usuing this for months now (the aspirin only a week or two) but I use this mask daily. It is most definitely one of my main treatments for oily skin and acne and it works wonderfully. I tried a different clay mask recently and don't like it nearly as much as the burt's bees one. Another great thing I use is open up alpha lipoic acid capsules or crush up tablets and put that in the mask. ALA is great either taking it orally or applying it directly to the skin.

Sabina
12-20-2008, 03:30 PM
hi i used it too and i feel like my skin is soft and spots have gone .but 2-3 days back i heard that it has many side effects. Do anyone one know if it has some severe side effects ,i used it 4-5 times but till now i have no side effects.

Hey StephanieT how is it going with you.

AdinaP
04-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I know that this is a very old topic, but the information is still relevant for those that suffer of acne.

So, waiting for your experiences with acne and aspirin mask.
I got rid of acne a lot of years ago, but I'm still using sometimes acne mask to to clean my skin of impurities. :)