PDA

View Full Version : Please help with excessive sweating

Ramitji
03-03-2009, 02:48 AM
I have a excessive sweating problem.My skin is always wet with sweat. Its always slippery making my writing very difficult as paper gets wet due to sweat. My body also experience very extreme temperature fluctuation. Although i drink a lot of water, I keep feeling thirsty. I don't tale lots of salts in my food. Please suggest something to solve this problem.

boron
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
There are two types of excessive sweating: localized (when mainly your palms or soles, or armpits sweat) and generalized, where your body sweats all over.

This article about excessive palmar sweating (http://www.healthhype.com/causes-treatment-of-palmar-hyperhidrosis-sweaty-palmshands.html) may explain sweating mechanism to you.

How old are you, male female?
Do you live in hot climate?
Do you also sweat at night?
Anyone from your family has the same problem?
Which medications (in general) are you currently taking?
What's your morning body temperature (measured in mouth or in armpits)?
Any other symptoms: itch, rash, digestion problems..?

Dr.Deepak
03-03-2009, 06:09 PM
looks like you are suffering from a problem called hyperhidrosis which is charaterised by excessive sweating and distrubing type of sweating of the palm,plantar areas,armpit groins and inter-digital areas. The cause may not always be evident, however one of the most common cause is anxiety. It may also be due to systemic disease like thyroid problems. Stress also aggravates sweating.

I would advice you to take measures to reduce anxiety and stress. To keep your palm dry,you can try using powder and lotions such as calamine lotion. Apart from this it is better to consult a dermatologist for further management.

davidross
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Strangly enough, Botox is now commonly used for excessive sweating. Check out this video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ykxE3LH2A

AMBER
08-28-2013, 05:46 PM
I never had a problem with sweating until my doctor put me on a medicine called subutex, now I sweat all the time . It's weird though because I usually only sweat on my forehead and above my upper lip. I hate it ! Maybe it's a medicine that your on, check the side effects on the papers they give you with a prescription. Hope you find a solution with this , I know how frustrating it can be.

Terry
01-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Really, this problem is embarrassing, but there is some natural way to stop it. Drink lot of water hydration keeps body temperatures low and therefore less sweat will be produced. Caffeine tends to cause anxiety, which in return triggers the body to excessive sweating. One of the best natural ways to control excessive sweating is Yoga this works through meditation, calming down the nerves. Avoid taking hot baths, hot tea and deodorant.

kevinkrieger
02-12-2014, 10:42 AM
You can either drink fresh juice of tomato every day.
Drink Lots Of Water
Bathe Daily

Pantherkaur
09-06-2014, 05:39 AM
Sweating is a normal function of the body that helps us to cool down in the heat and during exercise. But excessive sweating cause discomfort or skin irritation. It is also known as hyperhidrosis that is a medical condition that causes a person to sweat without the normal triggers of heat, exercise or emotional signals. To avoid this problem:
Drink a cup of tomato juice daily and Drink a lot of water in a day.

kaufenpreis
09-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Generally, OTC antiperspirants are used for profuse sweating or hyperhidrosis. The most effective are those that contain aluminium chlorohydrate. But, such preparations may themselves cause irritation. Inflammation and infection can result from the combined effect of shaving and chemicals.

There are also conventional oral medications for controlling sweating, but again unpleasant side effects may occur and they should be used only for extreme cases. These work by drying bodily secretions, and tend to come with unwanted side-effects such as dry mouth, blurry vision, dizziness and cardiovascular concerns. As a last resort, there are surgical procedures to control perspiration, but they are usually reserved for cases resistant to all other form of treatment.

Natural Remedies

Many people are now turning to natural remedies as a first step towards treating excessive sweating caused by overactive sweat glands present all over the body, especially underarm, face, head, hands and back. There are a number of natural ingredients that can help reduce sweating and treat some of the underlying causes.

Homeopathic ingredients such as Lupulus, Castoreum and Argentum Nitricum help to address sweating, especially when related to nervousness, panic, anxiety, or obsessive thoughts & reduce excessive sweating and clamminess. They help to control fluid levels in the body, while also helping to control body odor which commonly accompanies excessive sweating.

lisa fletcher
04-14-2015, 11:07 AM
I think this is the most troubling problem I have to face being a girl. I mean , c'mon there is no choice that you have to smell good, if you are a girl. But if you are out in the sun, How's it possible?

I mean, I too suffer from severe sweating and totally dependent upon the various perfumes and deo's. I would like to seek for the information to get rid of extreme sweating for forever.

stevex
06-13-2015, 04:34 AM
Yes it is very irritating but its best for body. Sweating lets the impurities go out from our body. So it helps too. The only solution that I can suggest is to be at where the temperature is low so that you get less sweating.

healingsolution
10-02-2015, 05:06 AM
I have seen someone who have extreme situation with this kind of health problem. Causing him not to go to school because of the smell produced by exessive sweat.