PDA

View Full Version : Do food allergies cause anal itch?

boron
02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm doing a small investigation...Can anyone with a food allergy that gets face flushes, lips swelling, and itching all over..confirm that anus also may itch after bowel movement after eating a culprit food (fish, shellfish, nuts...)

Also non-allergy related: Does beer, wine, chocolate, milk products (especially cheese), caffeine, tomatoes, prunes, figs, hot spices, and acidic food like citrus fruits...causes anal itch to anyone?

Elena K
02-16-2009, 04:51 AM
A friend of mine claims that spicy food causes anal itch.

mimico
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Hmm I have never experienced this. perhaps you may be right given that the anus i also covered with skin. However, I assume that anal itch would be caused by bad hygiene and not rally food allergies, although in some cases it may be possible.

Starchild47
02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Anal irritation is usually linked to irregular bowel movements. Food allergies can cause diarrhea which could irritate the rectum and cause anal irritation causing itching. Keeping the area extra clean using cloths like baby wipes after using the bathroom could help this. Plain corn starch used like a powder put on with a powder puff can reduce itching and irritation too.
If this keeps up you would need to see a medical doctor though.

Duneight
10-15-2009, 11:48 PM
I switched to non perfume non dye washing detergents, natural soaps & shampoos and eliminated gluten from my diet and finally 90% of my anal itch went away. Hope this helps

meal5
05-12-2017, 08:10 AM
My face is itchy and swollen after eating seafood, so I never dare eat them :(