PDA

View Full Version : Different disease... Need your help...

nlp18
11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi,
Three days, back my dad got some itching problem on his back and then all over his body. He didnt scratched and didnt take it as a issue, but within 12hrs, he got swelling all over his body, even his face. I dont know, what exactly the disease is and from which one the problem starts? He went to doctor two days back, doctor prescribed medicines and put injection too, no improvement. Once again went to doctor yesterday, doctor too cant guess what is happening to him? he asked to take blood test and motion test. I'm in fear here. Do anyone heard about this kind of disease? Is it very harmful or it'll get cured. Please need your valuable comments. :sick:

Dr.Deepak
11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
looks like delayed hypersensitivity reaction to something, might be insect bite,any fungal or parasites exposure or any drugs he's using.. what kind of rash is he getting any thing he was exposed to before the rash? any history of medications that night?? chest x-Ray ,skin biopsy and urine test might suggest some clue..

nlp18
11-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I dont know, what kind of rashes or exposure, it is? His whole body is swelled. Doctor advised not to take tomatoes. Eventhough it may not be the actual cause. He got the test results today and going to doctor tomorrow, might we get the clue tomorrow. Before that, i need to know, is this may be danger? Today, the swelling got reduced little bit(gradually). Need your advice Admin.

Regards,
nlp18

Dr.Deepak
11-21-2008, 05:12 PM
nothing to worry about..just be calm.lets see the results and if any problems doctor will suggest you ..if need anything help we could help if we can here too..

nlp18
11-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Hello Admin,
Thanks for your interest. As he is committed with some work will go todoctor on monday, and that swelling too got reduced. I dont find it as a regular one. Hope to see better advice from doctor. Thanks once again.

Regards,
nlp18

vencasand
11-22-2008, 02:19 PM
i had a similar reaction a couple of years ago. i was working with wet mulch, and the field across from me was being sprayed for something. i started itching on my face about a hour later and by mid afternoon i was swollen like a balloon!!! i could breathe ok but i definitely had an allergic reaction. if your dads doc thought your dad was in serious trouble he would have put him in the hospital. don't worry too much he did the right thing going to the doctor. just watch him to make sure he is breathing okay. blessings