PDA

View Full Version : waxing down there

chicque
07-02-2008, 04:29 AM
has anyone ever tried getting a brazilian wax? i always wondered how it was like, because none of my friends would ever try it with me. are there any risks?

alice
07-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Oh mine! I don't want to scare you chicque but to me it was the worst thing that ever happened. I had to go for a swimming session and I thought of trying waxing instead of epilator or razor. My whole bikini area was swollen like I had hundreds of bee stings and it kept on hurting till days. I had to miss my swimming for full one week..lol

But my friends say, its only the first time that you get so much pain..when newer hair grow they being softer, cause less pain.:p

lilabytes
07-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Contrary to alice's statement, it's actually not something you should be scared of. Of course, the first time is always the most painful but when you continue doing it, it doesn't hurt anymore. I don't like shaving "down there" and haven't tried the epilator thingie either.

skincare
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Ouch! That is painful, Alice. Hmm... I do not like to try that. I'd better use the razor. I think the second try is still painful. Maybe the 10th time is not as painful as the first.

BrendaMarie
07-12-2008, 04:22 PM
OK I definitely think that I'll be sticking with shaving here because I am not one for pain LOL

chicque
07-13-2008, 03:08 AM
i hate razors and i think i'd rather get mine waxed than risking cutting myself like my friend did! and i think i have a high tolerance of pain so i'm sure it won't be THAT bad....i'm going to a spa on monday, so i might get it done.

BrendaMarie
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
chicque I'm anxious to hear if you get it done, how it went. I'm also curious what your friend did that scared you of razors.

azap
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Its better to use razors than try that.lol

KyleYoung
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
I've had my pubic area waxed by a professional and by my wife. It didn't hurt too much, however my wife would tell you a different story about her 'painful adventure'. Its well worth the cost and time to get it done professionally, you'll love the results.

Crazysah
03-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow. Seems like it is quite hard for you ladies out there. To the men; is it worth it?

KyleYoung
03-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Wow. Seems like it is quite hard for you ladies out there. To the men; is it worth it?

I think its worth it, being a guy. It just seems a lot easier to manage without all the hair getting in the way of performance. However, when you first start you may of a few problems, itching and what not.

mattaff
03-23-2009, 02:37 AM
waxing is worth it shaving is not from my point of view. Shaving is good for a day or so then its sand paper. waxing is smoother and longer lasting which means girls so he should be!! yeah right!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Starchild47
03-27-2009, 05:30 AM
I had my legs waxed and it hurt like the dickens. There is NO way I would get my private parts waxed! I have heard it does not hurt as much but I am not going to find out!

Ashma
07-12-2009, 11:38 AM
i'm not going to do that too. :p:

PaulG
07-13-2009, 08:44 AM
How long waxing lasts?

Elena K
08-09-2009, 02:54 AM
It lasts a few weeks, but you need to let your hair grow about 1/4 inch to repeat the procedure.
I tried brazilian a few times, and every time half way into the procedure I was willing to pay double to make it stop. But the result was amazing - baby smooth skin for first two weeks, then some hair start growing, but it doesn't feel like sandpaper. I can't bring myself to do it again.
to Starchild47- actually it hurts more. I tried waxing other body parts and NOTHING hurts as much brazilian

Jenny
11-29-2011, 05:44 AM
I don't like to use razors but its the convenient one.

skinlover
03-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Never tried a Brazillian and don't think I ever will, haha! I use Nair hair removal on my bikini line, doesn't hurt a bit. :)

L
x

Sabina
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
how do they do, i'm scared about waxing, i just trim it short.

kimclara
07-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I prefer waxing so much better than shaving. When I used to shave it gets itchy, grows back within a day, ingrown hair, and it grows back thicker than ever! I never had a bad experience with waxing and it did hurt the first time but it gets better the more you do it. I do it myself!

skinquestions
11-24-2012, 06:50 AM
I tried waxing a couple of spots down there a few days ago and wow was it painful! My skin got red and bumpy. I dont know yet if it will be worth it.

pepsimax
11-24-2012, 08:43 AM
The skin around your bikini line is very sensitive and pulling at the skin in the way waxing does will do nothing but harm. Plus being delicate the chances of ingrowing hairs increases. Its important that daily you moisturise the area to help prevent this.
I actually epliate and I actually find it pretty painless in comparison.