PDA

View Full Version : Gobe here from Scotland

Gobe
10-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi from Scotland! What a great forum! :h10: I'm a life time eczema sufferer but currently have it in a tamed state at the moment thanks to my skin care regimen of lashings of moisturiser and a special mix of dilute topical steroid my dermatologist prescribed for me. I know people can be scared of using topical steroids but for me it works quite well and because I am really carefull with the amounts I use I don't have any skin thinning or any other side effects.

I like pottering in the garden, bargain hunting, feeding the wild birds who visit our garden in addition to feeding the recent addition to our family - Sparky the budgie. He's just learning to come out of his cage and after two months he now jumps on my finger at command and calls for me relentlessly whenever I dare step out of the living room. I also like rock music and going to listen to live bands and have Planet Rock (a brilliant radio station) on all day. By profession I am a librarian but had to give it up due to my numerous allergies and chronic eczema which has hospitalised me in the past. We don't have any children but we do have my 85 year old father who lives next door. He has the disconcerting habit of letting himself in throught the back door and surprising me and other times I will be happily sitting typing away on the PC and see my father's silver head of hair gliding past the living room window as he takes a walk round the garden.

That's enough about me. Looking forward to sharing stories with other itchy and scratchy peeps!

Dr.Deepak
10-04-2008, 06:53 PM
hey Gobe we are glad that you are here.. been waiting for your some inputs and suggestions here..Welcome to the forum :h2: . Hope to see you around and share your tips in fighting eczema.. :)

Sabina
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Gobe .nice to see you here.:p

Gobe
10-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Thank you so much guys!:love:

Ashma
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM
wow welcome to the forum Gobe :h8: You know what. I love scotland bagpipe music.god its so nice.

catherine
10-06-2008, 03:20 AM
hello Gobe welcome to the forum

Zenisha
10-06-2008, 04:45 AM
hey globe how are you welcome to the forum.:cool: