PDA

View Full Version : Rash on thighs/scrotum

Jones12345
11-04-2013, 01:35 PM
I've recently discovered a rash under the thigh/testicle area, it's beginning to worry me and I'm wondering if you could give me an answer as of to what the rash could actually be, there is no pain from so only if I itch the said area which I do try to keep to a minimum. I bath daily, and wash the area daily but I've noticed after a bath it comes back as soon as I have dried the area.

Other details included, I have only ever had one sexual partner and I am confident that it is not an STD but I'm not the expert. I do tend to sweat a lot in the said area and I've noticed that if I wear tight fitted clothing such as skinny jeans I do sweat a lot more in that region and I think this could be one of the problems.

Help would be great as I am very embarrassed at the moment with this condition.

I will attach an image below to hopefully here your thoughts on what this could be, thank you for all of your time and hopefully I've posted this in the correct place.

Dr.Deepak
11-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Hello Lewis, welcome to the forum. Yea, it doesn't look like STD to me. It look like Candidal intertrigo to me. Obese and excessive sweating tends to aggravate this condition. So, since when have you have this? Are you on any medications (esp.antibiotics), how old are you? have u checked ur blood sugar.

candidial intertrigo can be effectively controlled by keeping the area cool (avoid sweating). Regular use of anti-fungal soap and cleanser, daily (2-3 times) use of antifungal-dusting powder and creams containing clotrimazole and ketoconazole might work.

Jones12345
11-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply.

First signs of having this happened to be approximately a week or so ago, I'm currently a healthy 18 year old. I am under no medication and have no medical history. I've noticed after wearing skin fitted jeans that I do sweat a lot more to when I have been in loose fitted, so I'm guessing that more than likely that it is the problem.

I will give your advice a go. Thanks a lot.

Dr.Saiyan
11-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Hi lewis! warm welcome to Dermatalk. yes it does seems like fungal infection called candidal intertrigo, usually occurring in intertriginous, friction prone areas remaining damp and warm for long time. So would also like to suggest you to keep the area dry and clean, wear loose fitting clothings and avoid friction to the area. cleaning with antifungal soaps, applying antifungal powders and creams may be helpful. hope you keep us updated about your condition.

kevinkrieger
01-08-2014, 06:28 AM
I think you should buy some neem oil that is good for rashes.