PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the East Coast

TammyG
09-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I have suffered from numerous allergies since I was a small child. Some of those allergic reactions include skin rashes, at times, as I am allergic to many fragrances that can be found in many products. I also have eczema which goes along with my allergies. Although my dermatologist claims that allergies do not directly affect eczema, in my case there is often a correlation. I have very sensitive skin, also, so sometimes get irritated skin from things that don't bother normal people.

My user name probably could have been Itchy or Scratchy to be just as accurate as my name...lol.

Dr.Deepak
09-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Yup there are many controversies and misconceptions regarding eczema and allergy.People who have eczema associated with elevated IgE (immunoglobulin E - This is a class of antibody which is produced in lungs,skin and mucous membrame which plays important role in allergy) are likely to have allergies to many factors,however exposure to allergen doesn't directly affect the severity of eczema.

Oh well welcome to the forum.Hope we'll have more discussions coming by.Hope to see your around.:love:

Sabina
09-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Tammy welcome to the forum.:h2:

catherine
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM
hi tammy sorry to hear about that.hope you get more help here.welcome to the forum.

Djmarie21
09-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Hi Tammy! Welcome to the forum. I also have sensitive skin. I hope that we both can find some answers here for our sensitive skin and eczema.