PDA

View Full Version : Mystery diagnosis - skin related

Gsmcguire
04-15-2013, 05:14 PM
I have been having what started as skin problems for six months now. The first problem was the skin on my back felt like fiberglass was buried in my skin. It was a very sharp pain almost like being poked by needles. This eventually subsided. Now the skin on my stomach looks like silver skin on red meats. It's very shiny and hard. When I stretch it feels like my skin is going to rip. it's also itchy and extremely sensitive to touch. Now my lymph nodes are swollen. My underarms and groin are so swollen, tight and tender. My groin has discolored dots as well. I experience sharp pains in my underarms and groin anytime they are stretched, pushed, pulled and touched. The pain is so miserable I can't sleep. I even take sleep medication that knocks me out and the pain of my skin and lymph nodes still wakes me up. I can't wear normal clothes anymore because of the pain, and showers are extremely painful! I am constantly exhausted because I can't sleep and so upset because I have gotten NO answers.
Other facts about me ....
I'm 49 and going through menopause
I'm obviously not pregnant
It's not a thyroid problem because I have been tested for that
It's not allergies I have taken medication for that
No known cancer
Fibromyalgia explains very few of my symptoms so that's been ruled out
Over the counter and prescription creams haven't helped and I have tried everything
I'm also a nurse so I have ruled out a fair amount of common skin problem
PLEASE HELP I feel like I'm going to loose it if this doesn't get taken care of.

I have been to my primary doctor twice, the dermatologist and rheumatologist I have yet to be diagnosed!!

HELP

Dr.Deepak
04-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi Clindy! First welcome to Dermatalk. Sorry to hear about your condition. If possible could you please attach a good quality picture coz its very difficult to figure out the nature of lesion just from the explanation.