PDA

View Full Version : Permanent hair removal,is it safe

simron
08-02-2008, 07:07 PM
My age is 23 and I want to go for overall permanent hair removal. Is it safe for me? My skin type is normal and I don't have any skin problem as such other than dark facial hairs.

Ashma
08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Yes, of course you can go for permanent hair removal. Nowadays, So many techniques are available but, with pulsed light treatment, the density of hair growth reduces visibly. This is a painless, fastest and safest procedure.

aliva
08-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Practically none, if it is with the right doctor and right laser. As this treatment has to be done by only medical grade lasers, you must go only to a doctor and should not be taken lightly.

simron
08-04-2008, 09:07 AM
yea thankx .. i'm searching any good dermatologist here in pakistan to get suggestion.. if anyone know please let me know.

Ashma
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
its hard to find good dermatologist online in pakistan.. you could better check dermatology clinics in your local area they might guide you..

chicque
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
try looking for a reputable doctor in your country's capital..since that's where most reputable businesses probably will be. and you have to make sure that your skin color and hair color are not the same, because then the laser will target your skin, not your hairs.

davidross
09-18-2008, 10:03 PM
The industry has safely and effectively performed thousands of laser hair removal treatments. Yes, laser burns can happen so I recommend you choose a clinic with experience, in which case burns should be very rare. Avoid sun exposure before & after your treatments and always let your technician know of current medications when starting your treatments and any changes in medication throughout your treatment.

A common example of medication changes we see is antibiotics. It is a photosensitizing drug that can make you more susceptible to a burn so clinics typically won’t treat you during that time.

mimico
10-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Another helpful thread from Dermatalk! Thanks guys! I've been considering getting laser hair removal as well but some of friends told me that you can't just go once, you have to have a few sessions for it to really work. That means that it's probably expensive so I'll probably have to save up for it. I really hate having to use hair removal creams all the time. :( Does anyone know what the average cost of getting permanent hair removal in Asia is? Is it cheaper in another country, say Malaysia or India? :)

davidross
11-06-2008, 02:43 PM
If proper equipment is being used, you shouldn't have to go too many times. A lot of companies rent their laser and get charged by the pulse -- and they don't use enough pulses to save money. You get what you pay for, so ask a lot of questions first!

binayak
11-08-2008, 03:25 AM
i guess its safe as long as you consult a good dermatologist

wendycave
01-05-2009, 05:10 PM
With all the new techniques and laser types I think its quite safe now days.But make sure you get hair removal done from a certified company or physician as many claims to be professionals but they will do damage to your health if they are not certified and use low quality tools and lasers.

abhinav
03-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Permanent hair removal is one way of removing unwanted hair. Electrolysis removes hair permanently, so that it will never grow back. Laser hair removal also provides semi-permanent and long-lasting hair removal.

To complete electrolysis hair removal, people need to attend a number of sessions. It can be painful, costly and time-consuming. The cost of electrolysis varies, depending on the area that is treated and the amount charged by the electrologist. The cost of electrolysis hair removal for the upper lip may cost anywhere between $450 to $1035.:D

Although laser hair removal is not as permanent, the cost of laser hair removal is cheaper than electrolysis and the hair is removed for at least six months.:h10:

KyleYoung
03-18-2009, 09:30 PM
I've wondered this for years, and never gotten a clear reply. Do many women for a lack of better work, zap, their pubic hair? How much do they procedures cost? Is it actually worth the money?

davidross
03-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes, many women use laser removal "down there". Some leave a little and some get rid of all of it -- which is also know as "Brazilian". Costs depend on the person and amount of hair. Laser hair removal is not really effective on blond hair, but can be permanent on darker hair. We have a great laser hair removal Q&A on our web site at:

http://www.dermahealthinstitute.com/catalog/article_info.php?articles_id=13

KyleYoung
03-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks Davidross.
I've talked it over with my wife a few times, we both don't like the hair down there. We were thinking of getting it done, but shes a little embarrassed about showing someone else her privates.

davidross
03-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I agree, Kyle. I understand about the embarassment, but a good clinic will be very professional about it -- and you'd be suprised how many people are doing this these days. My advice for you is to set up an appointment for a consultation. Most clinics will consult with you for free and it will probably ease most of your wife's anxiety about it.

Crazysah
03-21-2009, 11:45 AM
I have known a few people who have gone into this. One of them even had a slight skin problem but it has not affected any of them till now so I do say it is safe.

Starchild47
03-27-2009, 05:36 AM
I would love to have this done on my legs. I have so many issues with shaving and my legs breaking out with rashes and ingrown hairs. I wish I had enough discretionary income to do it! I think it would be the way to go!