PDA

View Full Version : Cure for Lichen Planus

FCecilia
04-15-2012, 03:54 PM
i have been diagonized with lichen planus recently. I'm on Acitretin and Prednisolone for last 2 weeks and my dermatologist said that it will fade eventually. I can see some improvement but my skin is drying out, especially lips. I'm not sure if its due to climatic change, but i also feel like excessive sweating than before. I heard a lot about side effects of Acitretin and Prednisolone that can be even worse than the disease itself. Could anyone help me if this disease can be cured? Anyone here with Lichen Planus?

Really fraustrated, previously Rosacea and now when Rosacea almost cured, i've a new one.

vencasand
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
use a chapstick for your lips or aquaphor. i am afraid this can't be cured but can be treated. try not to stress over this. listen to what your derm says. prednisone can cause sweating. but take it like your doctor prescribed. sending blessings.

Dr.Deepak
04-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Acitretin has some side effects and dry mouth, skin and sweating is one of those.. these are usually temporarily and not severe, but if it persists for long and gets worst inform your doctor immediately. Take medications as prescribed by ur doctor, ur doctor knows the best about the medications that he's prescribing than any other experts on net. Don't try to increase the dose of Acitretin or decrease the dose of Prednisolone by urself. When u are used to Acitretin, doctor may slightly increase the dose if the problem is not going away and response is good and he might have suggested u to decrease the dose of Prednisolone slowly, do as he says. Stopping abruptly or increasing may get u in trouble.

Please inform your doctor about your current problem personally.

FCecilia
04-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Thank you both for your reply. Just got message from my doctor, he said not to worry and keep informing about my progress. I'm visiting him next week as he said to follow up after 2 weeks. Thanks again for your support.

vencasand
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
you are welcome. please keep us updated.