PDA

View Full Version : 20yr old in deep wrinkles cased by acne gel!

ducei
01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
I’ve left acne gel on my forehead overnight and it really dried up my skin causing deep wrinkles on my forehead. Im already using moisturizing cream… How should I get rid of them?

vencasand
01-26-2012, 12:50 PM
find a moisturizing cream with retinol in it. keep moisturizing. these wrinkles may only be temporary. use the gel as spot treatments for new breakouts. there are many companies that make moisturizing cream with retinol. all major manufactuers. i don't know where you are from but i am sure you can find a good cream wherever you live.

Dr.Saiyan
01-26-2012, 02:30 PM
hi ducei! as u said u used acne gel overnight that caused wrinkles but i m not sure if u used some antibiotics or some retinoids or benzylpereoxide coz all of them can be found in gel form and used for curing acne,but precisely excessive retinoids can also cause severe drying of skin and tendency to wrinkle,so its better use it alternately or stop for sometime according to advise of your dermatologist before u resume it .but do not forget to moisturize your skin everyday with some good moisturizing cream.

ducei
01-31-2012, 05:42 AM
Im afraid that those wrinkles are not temporary as I have them for long while now from the last time I ever used that acne gel. I dont also have new break outs as I mentioned my skin got very dry and those deep wrinkles came out. I know that only moisturizing will not help so this is why im coming across this forum. I was thinking about using retinol cream too also with hyaluronic acid at PM and vitmin c serum ( with added vit e) at AM. I was trying to order these online and I gave a call to that phramarcy explaining my issue and I was told that im not suppose to use those as Im too young and should only moisturize. This doenst help.
What should I do now?

vencasand
01-31-2012, 12:26 PM
can you go see a dermatologist? tell them what happened. maybe your skin is damaged in some way. (not damaged like not fixable) see if he/she can prescribe or recommend something for you. i know it is costly but it will be worth it to get rid of those wrinkles. also if you can't afford a derm, you should be able to order on line. please let us know how it goes.

Dr.Saiyan
02-01-2012, 08:16 AM
i m really curious what exactly was that acne gel u used earlier.i also dont suggest u to use any random medication without consulting the dermatologist coz its not worth taking risk as your skin is already damaged, it may further deteriorate the condition which could be very difficult to recover later.so wanna suggest u to visit a dermatologist ,explain the situation and let him or her evaluate the damaged occurred to your skin and prescribe you the correct medication.

gary.neo
02-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Hi Ducei , the situation you are in right now I suggest that you consult a professional skincare consultant first before you tried using any product to solve it. If you happen to see my post, im able to arrange a free skincare analysis to let you find out more about yr skin first before you decide how to resolve the problem you have.

kimclara
07-19-2012, 08:45 PM
what acne gel did you use?

BRTCskincare
07-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Creams and products that contain retinol and collagen will really help to get rid of the wrinkles and get your skin back to its original condition.

masterwas
09-17-2012, 04:41 PM
WOW! The information make me understand. You helped me so much. Thanks for sharing this. It made me understand something, and it is that I never knew before.

kevinkrieger
12-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Prevent your skin from becoming too dry by applying moisturizer to balance.