PDA

View Full Version : cellulite

chicque
07-14-2008, 05:52 AM
my mom and my aunt was talking about this yesterday, and they were talking about home 'remedies' for cellulite. of course, i eavesdropped, and i'll list you the things i heard:

- scrub! exfoliate! it helps the circulation and thus combats cellulite appearance.
- do a caffeine body wrap. the caffeine also helps the circulation, and tones your saggy skin up.
- wear pantyhose! not only does it firm you up, it also helps the circulation.

if i hear more, or if you know more, post here!

aliva
07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Cellulite is the conditioner that makes the legs, especially the back of the thighs, look like an old orange with crinkled flesh. So, one should seriously consider exercise like walking or gym exercise for specific spot reduction.

Starchild47
07-16-2008, 06:51 AM
OK I have heard a lot of hype about Russian type massage that helps the lymphatic system and helps greatly to get rid of cellulite. I wonder if it is like those machines you see at a medical spa or at a dermatologist's office that are rolled over the skin to make it look and feel smoother. Has anyone tried this???

mimico
07-20-2008, 04:38 AM
I think the caffeine works, which is why there are a lot of coffee based massages and products in the market nowadays. I've also tried two anti cellulite creams, one from Nivea and one from AVon. Both were quite expensive, and both didn't work on me. I guess the best thing to do is to exercise and eat a balanced diet. There's an anti-cellulite diet on the internet you can look it up. I've never tried it because the prescribed food are not all my favorites. :(

aliva
07-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Caffeine may work because it reverses up the skin metabolism. Clarins body shaping cream, lancome body contouring gel is based with this formula.

Of course, nutrition has a major role in the anti-cellulite program. Some specific exercise with low fat diet is effective. The lunge & the squat are two good options. Though cellulite cannot be eliminated completely but we can reduce it certainly.

Starchild47
07-22-2008, 06:46 AM
I know that exercise can tone the skin to some extent but I really do not see how that can help with the pitting that comes along with bad cellulite problems That is why it can be so hard to combat. NO matter how many lunges or squats or whatever type of exercise you can do I think that there have to be other ways to get rid of those hard areas that are bumpy especially around the love handle areas.
I am at an ideal weight but I still have problems in the lower abdomen and buttocks area. No amount of exercise will get rid of that completely. I do not want to even think about lipo or surgical procedures. There has to be something else that can be done.

aliva
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I do not want to even think about lipo or surgical procedures. There has to be something else that can be done.

Try Frigi Wrap.. is a cold wrap, which reduces body temp. and helps flush out impurities with a massage to pep up your circulation, using methanol and camphor extracts. For best result, you need 2 to 3 wraps a week over a 4 week period.

davidross
09-18-2008, 09:56 PM
There is also a new FDA approve cellulite treatment that works with a machine called VelaShape. This has been featured on a lot of network news and talk shows (Kim Kardashian is a big fan). I've seen the results and t really makes a difference. You can check out more info and videos at:

Link Removed:

feminaoxay
02-11-2013, 05:50 AM
First take better skin diet.
Drinking and eating properly is essential in your fight against cellulite.
Take fresh fruits and vegetables will help your body fight these toxins.
Apply skin cream.
Use lemon juice.
Daily massage will help to reduce the cellulite.
Try to exercise at least an hour a day.
Hope this helps.