PDA

View Full Version : Skin getting darker (not tan)

purplethunder
08-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Hi!
I'm a 20 year old female of Indian ethnicity.
When i was born, I was very very white. My mother and sister are both fair-skinned while my father and brother are on the browner side.
As I grew older, I kept getting darker and darker and at this point, I am dark brown. I live in the middle east but don't have much sun exposure because I go everywhere by car and if i do go out, i use SPF40 sunscreen.
I want to know if this is something usual that happens or if it's something I can help? I have nothing against dark skin, but the fact that all my extended family n my mother n sister are so white n my dad and bro are a lighter shade than I am, is causing somewhat of a low self-esteem I guess, especially because people keep telling me i'd be "pretty" if i were lighter skinned.
Anyway, if there is anything I can REALLY do about it then i would like to know (ive tried taking glutathione pills for a few months, nothing happened and skin lightening creams didnt help either)
thank u :) :cool:

vencasand
08-16-2011, 01:42 PM
it is in your genetic make up to be dark. if you have pretty features you are pretty. doesn't matter about the darkness of your skin. i am sure you heard this before but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. if you are a good person, care for others, and do what you enjoy in life, you are probably the most beautiful person in the world. beauty comes from within. remember that. i was overweight most of my life. i stated out being a tiny skinny little girl. got married had children, got heavy. i consider myself now a good person. i like who i am. if people can't see or feel the love i give then they are not worthy of it. doesn't matter how dark your skin is, how light your skin is, obese or thin, it is what inside your heart that matters. took me almost most of my life to figure this out. be who you are.

sara145wilson
09-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Hello friend don't worry,It is genuine problem and can be solved. Various products are avail ale in the market and you can also use home remedies which can solve your problem. Go for skin brightening cream, use face wash, and many other creams are also available .

vencasand
09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
purplethunder i just want to add that there are soaps, like lykos papaya soap, and acid peels like mandelic peels to help lighten your skin. also use a good sunblock, a hat,& long sleeves. in my opinion i have never seen a woman of indian desent that wasn't striking and pretty. the beauty of your features is amazing.

purplethunder
09-14-2011, 05:11 AM
thank u so much for ur suggestions. can u also tell me something that can remove marks? and even out my skin? the biggest problem i have is that my forehead and mouth region (both upper lip and below the lip) are a completely different shade than the rest of my face. even if i have no hair on my upper lip, it seems as if i have hair around my mouth like a man! please tell me what i can do to even out my skin color so that its ALL the same color!
n is skin peeling (done by OBAGI or some other dermatological center) useful or a waste of money? it costs a lot so i dont want to invest in it unless i know that it works.
thank u again for ur help.

Horace33
09-14-2011, 05:53 AM
The primary causes of hyperpigmentation is over exposure to the sun. The sun triggers melanocytes to produce more melanin. So, your skin will have more melanin when your skin is exposed to the sun for a long period. Hyperpigmentation develops when the dark spots fail to fade on its own.

vencasand
09-14-2011, 02:34 PM
i don't know the answer to your question. you will only know for sure if you go to a derm center. the papaya soap does help but you have to keep sunscreen on the area so the sun won't burn you. i also think you would have to go back a couple of times to get rid of all the darkness. i unlike you have hair like a mustache. lol. i shave. i am blessed with genes of a hairy grandma!!!!