PDA

View Full Version : What sunscreens work best for you?

gelenbaas
07-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Hey, I was just wondering what sunscreens work best for everyone? For example, I despise coppertone, it always seems to make me burn, and neutragena's face sun block always makes my skin feel like its burning. Banana boat works for me but I don't like the oily feeling. Do any of you have a favorite? Is it possible to make your own?

Dr.Deepak
07-15-2011, 06:10 AM
I use Nivea Sun SPF30 and i love them...

abhinav singh
07-15-2011, 07:37 AM
I like the Nivea SPF30 .

AdinaP
07-15-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm using Vichy SPF 30 for a few years.
Is one of the best that I tried !

vencasand
07-15-2011, 12:01 PM
banana boat 50spf for kids tear free. it is a bit greasy at first but it sinks in and it also has zinc as first ingredient on label.

gelenbaas
07-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah I think I will try Vichy it seems like a good product. Banana boat has definitely been the best solution for me when I am actively outdoors (swimming, hiking, day festivals, etc), it's just the greasiness! :/ My mom swears by estee lauder skin creams which have spf in them. There really are too many products to choose from.

ruvini
08-11-2011, 09:19 AM
I have really liked the Neutrogena Dry Touch sunscreen for everyday use. My objection to many sunscreens is that I don't like to feel slimy and smell like the beach when I am just doing everyday outdoor things.

paulspnao
08-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I use Nivea Sun SPF30 and i love them.. Is one of the best that I tried ! It,s really effective. Thanks...

priteshppt
08-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Suns cream containing SPF 40 is best for skin.

Anastasia
08-18-2011, 09:18 AM
I've been using Protect Me which is fragrance-free, paraben-free and PABA free. I have really sensitive skin and this is the only thing I have found that does not irritate my skin. It is spf 30 and I buy it online. It uses titanium dioxide. protect Me broad spectrum paraben-free sunblock That may help someone else with really sensitive skin. I just can't seem to use anything over the counter because of the fragrances and the other stuff in them :(

agathatefora
08-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi gelenbaas!

Amidst the varied sunblock products available in the market right now, eventually there isn't a guarantee that what works for one person may also work for you. You may have to undergo a trial and error with this, test the products mentioned and those recommended to you. Know to what sort of products your skin may be comfortable.

And yes, of course, always consider the SPF number, what good is a sunblock if it won't serve its purpose. :)

SiameseCat
09-06-2011, 08:10 AM
banana boat 50spf for kids tear free. it is a bit greasy at first but it sinks in and it also has zinc as first ingredient on label.

That's it. Mineral sunscreens are the best. Zinc oxide is also far superior to titanium oxide.

Glee
09-15-2011, 06:46 AM
I like neutrogena SPF30 it is much more good than than nivea I tried nivea also but it is not very effective.

lezah
09-15-2011, 07:09 AM
I've done the research on sunscreen and compiled the best sunscreens on the market. Organic sunscreen, sport sunscreen, sunscreens safe enough for baby and the Best Sunscreen in the World. . .

Dr.Saiyan
09-16-2011, 03:52 AM
i use gohnson's SPF30, its been few years,i guess it good.

AGELESSONE
09-25-2011, 02:30 AM
I've done the research on sunscreen and compiled the best sunscreens on the market. Organic sunscreen, sport sunscreen, sunscreens safe enough for baby and the Best Sunscreen in the World. . .

Wow what a cliff hanger that was.:confused:

Edanur
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
I really think that Darphin Vital Protection, Age-Defying Protection Lotion SPF 15 looks fantastic!

Serena
10-15-2011, 05:26 AM
I use raw tomato juice dipped in a cotton ball as a wipe for my face. It works well to keep my skin refreshed and cool. I use this juice twice daily. I need to leave home early for work by 8am so I just use some of it in the morning and then use sunscreen to protect my skin. Similarly, when I reach home I use the juice as a wipe to sooth the skin and cool it down.