PDA

View Full Version : Oxidative stress and permanent damage

pmg
03-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Hi,

I am sorry if this is not the correct board for posting this but I thought some people here can give me a very good insight in my concern.

I've read a few books on Nutrigenomics and searched for hours online but still cannot clear this concern.

I am a 25 year old male. I've been on a poor diet nutritionally and calorically, for about 9 months.

I've lost bodyfat and thus facial fat and it made my face look very gaunt and dry because I was already underweight.

Since then, I've followed my former regular diet and things have been mostly back to normal.

I am concerned about this question:

Is it possible that I have suffered any permanent effects on my facial skin/organs due to oxidative stress that CANNOT be repaired with time? Or is it unlikely that it caused real DNA mutation from any potential extensive DNA damage?

Forgive my exaggeration but that's just to make my point of view clearer.

Thank you very much in advance.

vencasand
03-31-2011, 01:08 PM
are you anorexic or bulimic? i think if you eat a well balanced diet, drink water, and take anti-oxidants you should be fine. i don't know anything about your regular health but you are young and the young bounce back faster than older people. just keep up the regular well balanced diet and get some excercise even if it is just walking you will be okay. best of luck. hope you feel better.

pmg
04-01-2011, 01:03 AM
are you anorexic or bulimic? i think if you eat a well balanced diet, drink water, and take anti-oxidants you should be fine. i don't know anything about your regular health but you are young and the young bounce back faster than older people. just keep up the regular well balanced diet and get some excercise even if it is just walking you will be okay. best of luck. hope you feel better.

Thanks!

And no, I'm not anorexic or bulimic.

So, in your point of view, it is very unlikely that irreparable damage has been done to my skin, and its just a matter of time (no matter how long) to bounce back?

In other words, I just want to 'make sure' that I have not changed my genes and so they will be able to continue expressing has they were programmed to despite of the temporary damage to the skin (which will eventually go away).

vencasand
04-01-2011, 12:29 PM
give yourself time to recoupe from whatever you went thru. patience. continue eating well and drinking water. get some excercise. you will be fine. but you have to be patient.