PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Skin Fresh in Sunny Summer

proraghu
03-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Hello,

I just happened to read a daily magazine in health column where it was suggested how to keep skin fresh in summer. This is what it says:

Mix Honey, Carrot Juice and Sodium Carbonate and apply on face and wash it off.

But I am not sure about Sodium Carbonate as it is chemical I am just feared if this is a good tip or what.

Can anyone guide me and tell me if this is right combination? If not then what would be best way to protect skin in summer?

y34963
03-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Sodium carbonate is just another name for baking soda. It is used as a skin protectant in costmetics and is perfectly safe for your skin.

You didn't mention the amounts of the ingredients you were using in the receipe you posted but nevertheless, it looks like it would be fine for your skin. I can't see any problems with it at all. A bit more information would be helpful as to the amounts, how long you leave it on your face, etc. would be helpful.

proraghu
03-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Good that sodium carbonate is a baking soda and it's safe to use, as regards the amount of mixture is it was not specially given in the magazine I have read.

But I assume a quantity which would be enough for your face, mix in equal portion and use it this is what I am doing.

Apply it allow it to dry for about 10 minutes and wash it wit cold water, this should be more than enough.