PDA

View Full Version : Rashes from wearing makeup?

lilabytes
07-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I have really sensitive skin and one time, at my sister's wedding, the makeup artist did not use hypoallergenic makeup on me. After that, my skin was in chaos! At first I thought I have acne because it looked like small pimples on my face and so I started using acne creams and stuff. Later, I was told that it's actually not acne but rashes caused by the heavy non-hypoallergenic makeup the makeup artist used on me. Anyone with the same experience?

BrendaMarie
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
WOW sorry to hear that what should have been such a beautiful day turned into what sounds like a nightmare for your skin. I always thought that a good cosmetologist would ask before using non-hypoallergenic products, guess I was wrong LOL

Starchild47
07-16-2008, 06:43 AM
I do this when I put on foundation so I cannot use it. I want to try Bare Minerals which is a powder form and more natural so it might work for me. Use hydrocortisone or benadryl creme to get rid of the rash and help itching. Also mix baking soda and water and rinse your face in it.
Best thing to do is not use make up until you can find something your skin will tolerate. There are lines o products here developed by drs that are less likely to break you out Good luck!