PDA

View Full Version : some ideas for the forum.

chicque
07-10-2008, 04:02 AM
alright. i really want this forum to advance, and i have a bunch of ideas that i feel would help this forum out a lot!

1. New Forums: Skin & Nutrition and Make-Up. why? because they all have something to do with our skin thats why!

2. A new forum theme. Blue is great, but a little boring, don't you think?

3. Contests that promote member activity. Such as banner contests, referral contests, prizes, etc.

lets make this forum work!

mimico
07-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Good ideas chicque! I like the makeup thread. I'm not too keen on the skin and nutrition though. I like talking about makeup and there have been some discussions on makeup already. The color's fine really. I guess it's the navigation that's a little bit not- user friendly. It would really help if there was a tool bar on the side with a list of new discussions or top discussions so I don't need to open many threads and search for new discussions all the time.

Dr.Deepak
07-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Note taken Makeup talk will be there soon... toolbar is there already just click new posts or Quick Links ,i guess there is already..hope i did understand what you mean..

chicque
07-10-2008, 03:30 PM
i guess its just me being such a girl that i can't stand blue. lol. but a nude colored theme would be great too, since it's almost the color of our skins.

pranavrules
07-12-2008, 12:00 PM
The new theme looks fabulous. The color very much matches the site's niche. Smooth like a Banana Smoothie! :P

Regards,
Pranav

Dr.Deepak
07-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Thankx guys N girls for nice comments your comments help me work more hard then ever...

franklin
01-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Hey chicque,
You ideas is very good one.Because i am new about forum.

pepsimax
01-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Love the make-up talk idea. As for the layout I find it very user friendly. The last posts tab is ideal to save from having to look through every catagory.

SuperBody
03-03-2011, 03:11 PM
i suggest you should improve forum logo it should be more meaningful rather then general. everything else on the forum is perfect.

vencasand
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
i like the logo the way it is. our forum is about all skin conditions and what we use. it is a broad subject. i vote to keep the forum logo as is.

y34963
03-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I like the logo the way it is too. It is very professional. I don't see it as being too general at all. Dermatalk to me is about skin conditions and care. We want to talk about skin conditions, all types of skin conditions not just a few specific ones. If we are voting, I am with Brenda keep the logo it is great.

Dr.Deepak
03-04-2011, 10:43 PM
thanks superboy for your suggestions and thanks brenda and sandy for your views too.., well talking about the logo.. i did plan to change before then i guess its simple and to the point. most people love simple rather then complex and fancy. DermaTalk refers to Dermatological disease and conditions Talk so i guess its suits..logo was created by myself, so might be little bit out of order as i don't know about the design heheh..

Will seek other ideas too..thanks for your suggestions..

AdinaP
03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm not some kind of seo expert, but of my small experience I guess that will be better for this forum to have seo friendly urls ( not adress.com.showthread.php?p=14421#post14421 , something like adress.com/category/some-ideas-for-the-forum ).

Am I right ? :D

aromatherapist
11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Personally I like the shade of blue and I find that loud colors can hurt my eyes a bit, almost as much of a turn off as flashing ads.

I also agree that beauty (like makeup) is a topic that is separate from skin care issues.