PDA

View Full Version : Hi from West Virginia!

mbishop
10-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Hello everyone!

Well let's see...my name is Michelle, and I'm married to a great guy who has dealt with plaque psoriasis most of his life. I have two teenagers, one of which has had terrible skin sensitivities for over 15 years...and then there's me, an almost middle-aged woman who never seems to have gotten over the "teenage skin tendencies". Sometimes my skin seems dry, other times I'm dealing with a grease slick on my face. Hormones, Ick!

My husband & I run our own bath and body business in West Virginia where we make our own products from soaps and lotions, all the way through to intensive healing butter sticks. NOT TRYING TO ADVERTISE...just saying that I've already learned the hard way that store-bought stuff full of detergents & chemicals is NOT the way to go when your skin already has an attitude problem. Now I'm not what you'd call a health nut, or fanatical about things having to be all-natural, earth-friendly, or vegan, but there's definitely something to be said for ingredients that are full of vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients that your skin simply must have in order to stay healthy. If that happens to be something synthetic that was invented in a lab, Great! But usually that's not the case.

I've been researching skin care ingredients for over a decade & I've found that the difference between natural and synthetic is like the difference between steamed fresh carrots & store bought canned carrots -- same vegetable, but all of the nutrients are found when they're closer to the natural state. The chemicals actually degrade the quality and destroy a lot of the benefits. Same with skin care products & the ingredients they contain. Even if one has a high quality ingredient in it (shea butter, for example), if that product is full other other chemicals, or based in petroleum or mineral oil...then the shea butter is rendered useless and only in there for counter-acting the very damage that the product itself causes. Tricky, huh?

Oh gosh I'm sorry for rambling! I'm just SO excited to be here! This is the first forum I've found where it looks like I "fit". LOL.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all about you guys & gals, and learn more about things that you all do for relief of these different skin issues.

Now...I'm off to do some reading on the boards!
Take care everybody,

Michelle Bishop

Dr.Deepak
10-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Hey Michell we are very please to have you on board. Sorry to hear about your husband and good to see you guys have your own bath and body business. Do share your personal experiences in fighting your husband with psoriasis,we do have many psoriasis suffers here,hope you'll be a guiding line for them here.

Thanks for joining the community. if you have any problems related to our community or personal don't hesitate to post in respective forums or directly contact me.

Thankx
Deepak

vencasand
10-14-2009, 01:22 PM
welcome to our forum. there are a lot of knowledgable people here. somehow we all blend in and become family. we love new people with new ideas and we love to help if you need it.

skinex7
10-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Welcome! Yea my brother has psoriasis too.

mbishop
10-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Oh thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm sorry it took so long to post back, but goodness this has been a hectic week!! (good, but hectic!)

skinex7- I feel sorry for your brother. My husband's psoriasis gets out of control so easily that he has to shave his head just to help with preventing the super bad flare-ups. The extra exposure to air and sunlight seem to help some. And it's in his joints, mainly knuckles, so he takes chemotherapy occasionally for relief (if you can call chemo "relief").

As soon as he gets some free time, hopefully over the weekend, I'm gonna sit him down at my computer and make him join this forum too. He would LOVE it here. He's very social, and also likes to get/give ideas on what he deals with & how.

Michelle Bishop

Dr.Deepak
10-15-2009, 08:15 AM
yea we would sure love to hear from him too,share his personal tips for us.

skinex7
10-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Yea, after all the research he's done and doctors hes seen, it's believed to be some sort of a virus causing his psoriasis.

The best treatment hes ever done was simply going to tanning beds. Something with the sun rays helps the psoriasis go away.

Ashma
10-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Great to see you here Michelle, and all the new supporting members here. Welcome to the forum.

Sabina
10-16-2009, 08:18 PM
We are sorry to know your husband also had plaque psoriasis, but this is not the end, together we could find the solution. so what bath and body products do you sell ? who knows we might be interested in.. :)

Oh forgot to mention: Welcome to the forum.:h6: