PDA

View Full Version : When to take bath :: Before meal or after

Dhaval
10-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Folks,

I know most of the people would say that always take bath before you have your meal.
there is an old myth you cant swim or bathe after a meal- The main reason this came about is when one has a meal , all the blood rushes to the stomach to help digest the food, but also remember How long does one have to be in a shower? 5 to 8 minutes at then most? in that period of time nothing can happen, even if U swim for 10 minutes nothing happens
So please share your views on this topic...:cool:

Dr.Deepak
10-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Interesting topic. :) i would love to get views from the members before i input something..

vencasand
10-08-2009, 01:42 PM
i shower every morning after i eat my cereal. i don't think it matters bathing wise about how soon after a meal. we have a baby in our house and after she gets done eating she almost always needs a bath. she feeds herself and is a little messy. did i say little?? now if you are swimming that is a different story. i know if you go into the water too soon it can cause cramping and if you are swimming in deep water it is not good to cramp.

shivshan
12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
You should take bath before your meal.This thing is suggested by most of the doctors because taking bath after Lunch will lead to some digestive problems.

mac121
12-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah blood flows towards the stomach at huge rate after meals to digest it,and perhaps it wouldn't harm if you take bath after meal.

Folks,

I know most of the people would say that always take bath before you have your meal.
there is an old myth you cant swim or bathe after a meal- The main reason this came about is when one has a meal , all the blood rushes to the stomach to help digest the food, but also remember How long does one have to be in a shower? 5 to 8 minutes at then most? in that period of time nothing can happen, even if U swim for 10 minutes nothing happens
So please share your views on this topic...:cool:

y34963
12-08-2009, 01:21 AM
You can have a bath after you have a meal. How many people have you seen eating in a hot tub!! I have yet to see anyone getting ill. There are swim up bars at a lot of resorts. I don't think they would take the chance of getting sued if it was a real hazard.

Most of us put our children in the tub after a meal - it is the only way to get them clean sometimes :)

raj
12-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't know much about a simple bath or shower but when it comes to swimming, I'll prefer a break of half an hour after meal before going to the pool. We all know that exercising just after taking a meal is not advisable and swimming is surely a great exercise.

chris
02-08-2010, 02:15 AM
I think the old saying goes that you can't swim after you eat for 15-30 min. Cramps. But this is just over protective myth. as far as taking a shower or bath before or after you eat why not just wash your hands before and you should be fine.

Melan O. Tan
02-12-2010, 08:20 AM
My mom always told me that it is bad to take a bathe immediately after I wake up. When I just woke up, she always prevents me from taking a bathe right after I woke up. I don't know why she always do that.

chinee
04-16-2010, 11:50 AM
I think it is better to take a bath after meal. But you have to rest or relax for awhile before you go to the shower, so that your foods will be digested properly. I suggest you to take a bath after meal because more often than not we become messy after eating or we feel a bit sticky because of the foods that we eat for sometimes we use our hands to eat, right? And also for better hygeine.

Natural Elements
04-17-2010, 09:16 PM
It is always suggested that hypothermia can harm you if there is too much difference between your body temperature and water temperature.

Eating and waiting a while before taking a bath is a real myth.

Hypothermia is a condition in which core temperature drops below that required for normal metabolism and body functions which is defined as 35.0 C (95.0 F). Body temperature is usually maintained near a constant level of 36.5–37.5 C (98–100 F) through biologic homeostasis or thermoregulation. If exposed to cold and the internal mechanisms are unable to replenish the heat that is being lost a drop in core temperature occurs. As body temperature decreases characteristic symptoms occur such as shivering and mental confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia

sharncheema
09-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Bathing must be before meal. Or after 1 hour after meal.