PDA

View Full Version : Dry Skin After Bath

sachin
07-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Everytime when i take bath my skin goes dry.. is there anyway to prevent.Does bathing leads to dryness of your skin.if yes how can i prevent my skin from drying,please help

Dr.Deepak
07-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Dry skin is not because of lack of grease or skin oils rather its because of lack of water.

Although bathing frequently with out moisturization leads to dry skin,it is now recognized that bathing once or twice daily with postbath application of emollients to damp skin can improve the water content of skin and aid in the prevention and treatment of dry skin.Bath water should be warm but not hot.Bath oils may be added.However,these may make slippery and difficult to clean.An alternative is to add one tea spoon of oil to one quarter cup of warm water and use the mixture as a rubdown either after a bath or a substitute for bath.

mimico
07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Maybe the soap you use is harsh? There are many soaps in the market with moisturizing properties. Dove for one, is a cream bar with 1/3 moisturizer if I remember correctly. Or you may also want to try using body washes instead so it doesn't strip off the moisture in your skin. Also, applying lotion right after you get out of the shower is a great way to battle excessive dryness. It has always worked for me. Most lotions aren't expensive. And there are less greasy ones so you don't have to worry about applying too much. But in your case, you might want to buy a lotion specifically formulated for dry skin. It will tend to be heavy and sticky, but hey, it's sure to work! When your skin improves, you can switch to a regular type of lotion, but never go without it is my advice to you.

chicque
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
it depends on how long your bath is. haven't you noticed that when you're in a pool, or in the ocean, when you get out your skin is all wrinkly & dry? thats because of osmosis. the water in your skin, leaves it for the water around you (basically.)

so after you bath, just lather up on some body oil and you should be fine.

lilabytes
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I notice my skin is dry after bathing when I use bar soaps so I switched to liquid soaps and have not encountered the same dryness as I used to. You need more moisture on your skin so it's either you switch to a moisturizing soap or you put on lotion after bathing.

liowkc
07-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Use gentle soap and baby shampoo for a start. And apply moisturizer to your body before going to bed.

alice
07-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Everytime when i take bath my skin goes dry.. is there anyway to prevent.Does bathing leads to dryness of your skin.if yes how can i prevent my skin from drying,please help

I'll suggest you to change your bathing soap. In fact, you should start taking bath with a moisturizing lotion instead as it will not harm your oil glands and will maintain a certain level of natural oil on your body.

Also, avoid taking bath with too hot or too cold water.

aliva
07-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Use a good home-made body scrub which you can make with gram flour mixed with oatmeal. Wet it with water and rub over your body. Two egg yolks mixed with 2 teaspoonfuls of honey can be rubbed over the body and left for about 15 minutes. There is also the option of oiling your body at night rather than day after a shower.

allie01
07-15-2008, 05:56 AM
I cleanse twice a day and use moisturizer on a daily basis. I also use a heavier night creme which I make myself with emu oil, shear butter and a lot of other good ingredients before I go to bed. It really has helped with dryness and blotchy skin for me.

skincare
07-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I suggest that after applying soap, do rinse your body thoroughly to get rid of the soap residues in your skin. Sometimes, that will cause your skin to become dry. And like what chicque said, use can use right after bathing or a creamy lotion.

omshanti
03-17-2009, 08:53 PM
I add some kaolin or white clay to my bath salts, and that seems to keep the dryness down. Or I bathe in bath oils -- I do have to clean out the tub afterwards but they are _so_ soothing and nice. I have oily skin so I didn't think the bath oils would work but they're lovely!

shona
03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I think the soap you are using is too strong for your skin.... maybe put a few drops of baby oil in the water when you bath and then rub baby oil on your body afterwards.... your dry skin will start to go!

mm145
04-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Changing your soap is a good idea, but aslso apply Baby oil to your body after your shower. I have found that it is the best of all body oils - does not leave your skin looking greasy and takes away dryness.

Ilovebeautiful
04-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I have the same problem, so I put some bath oil in the water, after bath up on some body oil.

vencasand
04-18-2009, 12:46 PM
try using a shower cream that moisturizes. i have been using dial yogart and honey shower cream. it doesn't seem to make my skin feel tight. shower or bath in warm but not hot shower. i know hot showers feel good after a long day at work but try to keep the water so it doesn't redden your skin. after you get out of the bath or shower before you dry completely use a moisturizing cream on your skin. pick the one you like the best. if you wait until you are dry the skin pores will close and the moisturizer will have a rougher time to sink into your skin.

Valence
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi,
your skin gets dry after taking a shower or bath is because your body is requesting you for more WATER! so brink more WATER before and after! you can also drink TEA (ORGANIC tea with NO SUGAR would be the BEST). if you cannot drink unsweetened tea then you MAY add honey.

spring water is good enough but if you are rally into health and beauty, you should try DETOX water! water with lots of minerals and hydrogen would be a great choice:)

Himaloy
06-28-2009, 06:15 PM
it can be for a longer preiod bath or for soap,u can use some body lotion for this too

sindhu_pec
07-04-2009, 05:12 PM
:)Baking soda too makes for an invigorating facial scrub. Cleanse face with mild soap and water and slough off blackheads and other debris with a paste of 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water. Rinse to reveal a clear, zits-free face!

chinee
07-21-2009, 01:17 AM
I suggest you to use soap with moisturizers to prevent your skin from drying. I personally use Likas Papaya soap and I tell you it is worth effective. Try also to use lotion after taking a bath like Lander or any other lotions that can relieve dry skin and make your skin noticeable softer.

jstevenson
07-21-2009, 08:33 PM
You can use moisturizer and also make sure you are not dehydrated.

Ruby Rana
09-03-2009, 08:14 PM
use bath oils and shower gels this might help.

vencasand
09-04-2009, 01:54 PM
i agree with all of the above but i want to throw in one comment. apply your moisturizer to your body before you are totally dry. my skin used to be still moisturized even when i got off work at 9pm.

chaymma79
09-25-2009, 03:40 PM
If you have a dry skin, i will suggest you to use Argan Oil by Sweet Marrakesh ( 100% organic, no chemicals, certified USDA and FDA approved). The argan oil is a non greasy oil. It penetrates the skin instantly. You will be amazed by the results.

nyoung
10-11-2009, 02:45 AM
A good remedy for this is to add a cup of apple cider vinager to the water. It's most likely due to the fact you have hard water. the apple cider vinager will soften the water and help keep moisture in your skin.

GuitarCrazyo
11-03-2009, 02:12 AM
It looks that today athletes look less dry than in the past. They hold more water, look bloated and dont show as many striations as in the past.

Do you agree? It this because of the drug test they have to do?

gblack
11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Make sure u thoroughly rinse your body!

gblack
11-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Lotion could also be a good idea.

sharncheema
09-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Use the moisturizer after father and apply the oil on body before bathing.