PDA

View Full Version : How to Beat Wrinkles

Ron
03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
1. Avoid excessive sun exposure. Color, texture changes and deepening of wrinkles can be avoided with religious use of an SPF 15 or higher.

2. Squinting in bright sun can exacerbate wrinkles around the eyes. Wear UV-blocking glasses.

3. Though smoking is difficult to quit, Quit smoking! It speeds up wrinkles in several ways.

KyleYoung
03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm getting a lot of wrinkles at my age, however I don't smoke. I always wear Sunblock, and i hardly go out in the sun. I do squint a lot in the sun. I can't afford rX sunglasses.

shona
03-20-2009, 01:52 AM
The thing with wrinkles, it all depends on your skin type. Black people dont tend to age as much as other races, i think its the oils in their skin. You just have to look after your skin the best way you know how. Drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit and veg!!

KarlaSutton
03-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Also, sleep on your back. When you sleep on your side or stomach, you squint, which Ron stated is bad. It's a fact. :)

marilynnsyrett
04-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Also.. It is very important to moisturize the skin and keep it well hydrated at all times. Dry skin are mnore prone to develop wrinkles and fine lines.

KarlaSutton
04-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Also, it's important to consume antioxidants as a part of your diet. You can find them in berries, nuts, and vegetables like broccoli and tomatoes. If you are on the older side and don't watch your diet, try taking an anti-aging capsule.

mm145
04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I think a lot of genetic factors are also a part of the aging process. My mother has wrinkle free skin, and mine is not so great, but better than average. But my friend who spends a lot of time and effort on anti-aging treatments seems to be unable to slow the process.

Ashma
04-08-2009, 07:24 PM
yea genetic and Sun exposure does play important role in ageing.

brybry
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
I find that the people without wrinkles in their twilight years are the people who don't worry about wrinkles.. & keep a goof nutritional/hydrational balance.. It is all about keeping your body tuned finely.. All these products like 'anti-aging capsules' surely do nothing, otherwise everyone would be on them. You can't stop or slow down aging, it is a given that we all age, the products that say we can prevent/slow down etc are basicaly gimmicks.

Ilovebeautiful
04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Enought sleep is also very important.

Valence
05-18-2009, 09:47 PM
one of the biggest reasons why ppl get wrinkles is becuase they tend to damage their skin while they wash their face!:sick:

for oily skin...
gently massage your face with non-oil cleansing gel and then use bar soap or creamy soap to wash your face. organic soap is good IF you are trying to prevent from getting wrinkles but if you already have wrinkles then try a soap with active ingreedits like coenzyme Q10!

for dry skin...
use oil-base cleanser and then wash your face with creamy soap or foam.

Make sure you do NOT wash/scrub your face too hard!!

my super dry and wrinkly face got beter after i stard washing my face better=gentle. :h2: i personally like shu uemura's oil cleansing for anti-aging :)

anne123
05-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Wrinkle-Fighting Foods
=======================
Foods that are high in antioxidants help counteract a decrease in collagen, elasticity and firmness in aging skin.

Tomatoes are an excellent wrinkle prevention food because they contain lycopene, a substance that also decreases the risk of developing cancer. Red peppers have loads of Vitamin A and Vitamin E, as well as bioflavonoids, which moisturize and heal the skin. Beets and carrots (and other red and dark orange vegetables) are also great foods to consume if you want to prevent wrinkles.

Also rich in antioxidants, kale also contains iron that helps bring oxygen to the skin and vitamin A that wards off premature aging. Blueberries are another excellent source of antioxidants.

Salmon contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids that reduces inflammation and lubricates the skin.

It's also important not to smoke and to drink four to six glasses of water a day in order to keep your skin looking young and wrinkle free.

AGELESSONE
05-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Yes tomatoes are great for the skin. Tomatoe paste/sauce is much better than plain tomatoes. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7370759.stm

jstevenson
05-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Enought sleep is also very important.

Yes, it is and if you are stress-free it is even better.

Rusty Nails
05-28-2009, 02:59 PM
one of the biggest reasons why ppl get wrinkles is becuase they tend to damage their skin while they wash their face!:sick:

for oily skin...
gently massage your face with non-oil cleansing gel and then use bar soap or creamy soap to wash your face. organic soap is good IF you are trying to prevent from getting wrinkles but if you already have wrinkles then try a soap with active ingreedits like coenzyme Q10!

for dry skin...

my super dry and wrinkly face got beter after i stard washing my face better=gentle. :h2: i personally like shu uemura's oil cleansing for anti-aging :)

Nice share thanks valence :love:

Valence
05-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Nice share thanks valence :love:

Rusty Nails, you are very welcome :)

jsg
06-04-2009, 07:03 PM

for oily skin...

for dry skin...

hi valence!
thank you for the great post. i have been using a bar soap and cleanser with coenzyme Q10, 24K gold and platinum. i am wasing my face very GENTLE now and my skin looks better than ever! the soap with co-Q10 moisturizes my skin well and controlls oilyness/dryness! my t-zone is no longer oily but my cheeks are no longer dry. its awesome! thanks again.

vito
06-06-2009, 07:23 PM
i LOVE shu uemura's oil cleanser too!! the ORIGINAL (light yellow one) is great for my oily & sensitive skin!

EssentialPotion
06-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Say goodbye to wrinkles and other signs of skin aging with products containing natural ingredients such as vitamin A, E and C. These components are mild and safe for the skin, even those that are sun damaged. Products with natural, essential oils from plants also boost the skin’s hydration, improving aged skin and preventing further damage. For more information on natural anti-aging treatment, read on <a href="http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-Natural-Facial-Anti-Aging-Ingredients&id=2523618/">here</a>.

sweetcher
06-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Wrinkle-Fighting Foods
=======================
Foods that are high in antioxidants help counteract a decrease in collagen, elasticity and firmness in aging skin.

Tomatoes are an excellent wrinkle prevention food because they contain lycopene, a substance that also decreases the risk of developing cancer. Red peppers have loads of Vitamin A and Vitamin E, as well as bioflavonoids, which moisturize and heal the skin. Beets and carrots (and other red and dark orange vegetables) are also great foods to consume if you want to prevent wrinkles.

Also rich in antioxidants, kale also contains iron that helps bring oxygen to the skin and vitamin A that wards off premature aging. Blueberries are another excellent source of antioxidants.

It's also important not to smoke and to drink four to six glasses of water a day in order to keep your skin looking young and wrinkle free.

Wow Anne - thank you! I needed a reminder about which foods help to keep the skin young! I think I'm lacking the vital antioxidants right now...not good! I need to add some more veggies and fruit to my diet! That's scary
Salmon contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids that reduces inflammation and lubricates the skin.

sindhu_pec
07-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Taking care of your skin by doing some facial exercises can be very helpful. Wrinkles are a depiction of your lifestyle. The food you eat and the stress and other activities which lead to causing blemishes on your face as well as wrinkles.

Kirbonator
10-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Anti Age by Rodan and Fields is the only way to go! Inventors of Proactiv, they now have skin care for every issue. FDA approved, 15 years of clinical research and proven results!

You can read about it and get it here!

[ Link Removed ]

They also have Reverse which reverses sun damage, Ublemish for acne and Soothe for trouble or rough, red skin.

Hifza khan
01-22-2010, 07:19 AM
The single biggest cause of skin ageing is sunlight. You should use a sunscreen every single day of the year. This will help skin from premature ageing, as well as guard against burning.The ageing rays of the sun are as prevalent in winter as they are in summer, so using a sunscreen is a facial care safeguard.
Many older women don't cleanse their skin as well as they should believing this can lead to dryness and lines. Cleansing your skin properly is essential to ensure your skin is cleared of dead skin cells, dirt and makeup, and gives your skin a fresh, healthy glow.Massage a good creamy cleanser into your skin and rinse off with warm water. If you prefer, choose an oilier formula to plump out tired skin, then rinse off with plenty of warm water. Always pat your skin dry with a soft towel, don't rub.
Always be as gentle as you can when applying skin care products and don't drag your skin, particularly around the delicate eye area.A heavy touch can cause your skin to stretch and appear "crepey". Always use a light touch and stroke upwards, rather than drag the skin down.Avoid any products that make your skin feel irritated or itchy and switch to a more gentle formula.
Skin care benefits aren't simply confined to skin care products. In fact, many makeup products include UV filters and anti-ageing formulations to treat your skin as well as improve its appearance.

jonesaudrey
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
1. Avoid excessive sun exposure. Color, texture changes and deepening of wrinkles can be avoided with religious use of an SPF 15 or higher.

2. Squinting in bright sun can exacerbate wrinkles around the eyes. Wear UV-blocking glasses.

3. Though smoking is difficult to quit, Quit smoking! It speeds up wrinkles in several ways.

i was geting wrinkles and crws foot,thanks for the info.
i also came across a website that talks about skin care
Check it out [ Url Under Review ]
Hope u like it

chris
02-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Moisture, moisture, moisture. And you need to hold the moisture in. Of course skin type, sun avoidance, and antioxidants as well as other things help also.

Rene Greenwald
02-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Best way to beat wrinkles is to always wear a lot of sunscreen (every day) and to never ever do facial exercises. This is my gospel: [ Link Under Review ]

LOL!
R

lifeforliving
02-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Best way to beat wrinkles is to always wear a lot of sunscreen (every day) and to never ever do facial exercises. This is my gospel: [ Link Under review ]

LOL!
R

Never do facial exercises???

Sabina
02-18-2010, 05:29 PM
That is interesting Rene Greenwald " never do facial exercise". will check the video. Thanks

AGELESSONE
02-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Don't believe her about the facial exercises. She drunk the Kool-aid
Been doing them with great results.

bioflora
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi,
I agree to the fact that Sun rays are major cause for rapid aging signs in humans. But we cannot restrict ourselves not to go outside. There are many products and therapies in and around ourselves that have many solutions for wrinkles and aging. Suitability of product depends on the skin type of the person.
Regards,
Bio Flora

saggy
02-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Fine lines and wrinkles are inevitable as we age, but with a little special skin care and our Top 10 tips, you can beat wrinkles forever!
1. Sun protection
2. Don't smoke
3. Deep cleanse
4. Deep moisturize
5. Boost your circulation
6. Disguise lines
7. Pamper regularly
8. Be weather vain
9. Be gentle
10. Clever makeup

dale91
03-03-2010, 09:38 AM
A healthy diet for anti aging which is full of nutrients is the most essential thing in this case. If the body does not receive its daily intake of nutrients, it may create such problems and maybe worse in the future.
Some of the essential nutrients can be found in:
1) Fresh Fruits and vegetables
2) Green leafy vegetables
3) Cereal crops such as oats, barley, wheat and millets. 4) Fresh juices of fruits and vegetables.
A breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should be consumed before starting any kind of work.